In God's Country- Ch Ch Check it Out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lrcllb

The Fly
Just discovered this gem of a song.
What are the chances of it making an appearance on the tour?

The bass is great, the guitar rocks, lyrics too!

They played an acoustic version of it at the end of the Elevation tour with a harmonica and everything. I REALLY, REALLY liked it. :drool: I usually don't like when they turn their songs to acoustic formats but this one worked perfectly! I don't know what are the chances of it showing up again but I think it could happen at the third leg.... I would sure love that. :up:

the harmonica at the end of that performance of In God's Counrty was so good! it was the last show of the Elevation Tour, 12-2-2001 in Miami, and they really got something special!

Cool song, but I don't think it'll be played live very often. In an interview, Bono said he didn't like perfoming it live because it was too high for him to sing comfortably.:(

Second fave on Joshua Tree. I have no idea why it hasn't been voted off on the Survivor poll yet. :love: :love: :love: this song.

I totally agree with you Miss Becky...this song is actually in my top 5 U2 songs.... I really hope it gets played on the tour even just once (maybe in Miami 1) :wink:

Check out the cover band 'Vertigo' (not the American band, but a Spanish band) they did a cover of it, and it sounds almost like the real thing (no pun)

Bono's shades said:
When I first read the title of this thread, I thought someone had done a U2-Beastie Boys mash-up! :lol:

:lmao: that would be interesting...not sure about the choice of songs though...

Bono sang a snippet of In God's Country at the Phoenix 4/17/05 show after Beautiful Day, it sounded really good...it would rock if the band did the whole song, it's always been one of my favourites from JT! (then again, over half the album is "one of my favourites" lol)

Bono's shades said:
When I first read the title of this thread, I thought someone had done a U2-Beastie Boys mash-up! :lol:

same here! thinking and hoping.. and now only wishing. hehe. that would be sweet.

but i bet it wouldn't beat the U2 Lyrics Born Mash-up called Callin' on Sunday.. now that is awesomeness

when i first became interested in u2, i asked my sister if i could borrow the joshua tree, and at first, i only liked the singles. i didn't really give the other songs much of a chance...

but once i heard "in god's country" at the end of the movie "three kings," i knew i was missing a lot of that album. i went back and now my favorite tracks are "in god's country" and "mothers of the dissapeared"

thanks for posting the phoenix clip!

Back
Top Bottom