In Gods Country

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

david

ONE love, blood, life
Did they perform In Gods Country during the Elevation tour?

Anyone know where to download it, that is if they did?

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

yup, i can confirm they atleast played it once; because i was there!
biggrin.gif
it was the 2nd Phx. AZ show (on the 3rd leg), as for where you can find it, uh, try some of the FTP sites people have posted in the "MP3s/Music on the Internet" forum.

------------------
--U2002revolution
(not-a-newbie)

U2: Rock's Unbreakable Heart!

[This message has been edited by U2002revolution! (edited 12-27-2001).]

correction: the 2nd Phx. show was the first time they played the whole song in a very long time and the first on Elevation!

------------------
--U2002revolution
(not-a-newbie)

U2: Rock's Unbreakable Heart!

they only played it accoustically though right? please say no.

------------------
-death bear

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
they only played it accoustically though right? please say no.

No. Well I'm lying. It was acoustic.

Bono also sang a verse at the Phoenix(4-28-01) show at the end of Elevation. Also, during the (11-23) Phoenix show(the same one where they played an acoustic version), Bono sang a verse at the end of Beautiful Day.

------------------
THE DUCK HAS DIED

yeah i read at U2tours.com that it was acoustic and the first time they played it live since oct 1989.

i went to the mp3 section of this ubb and no one had a working ftp. so i have no idea where to find it online.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

okay i downloaded it, thanks sicy.
wow that's a great performance of that song!

------------------

Originally posted by Sicy:
Yes it is! In fact that whole boot is awesome. Good quality too.

------------------
"YOU CAN'T HURT ME! NOT WITH MY CHEESE HELMET!"

Originally posted by U2002revolution!:
correction: the 2nd Phx. show was the first time they played the whole song in a very long time and the first on Elevation!

When you mean the whole song, you mean it included the "Set me alight we'll cut a whole right through the night" verse?

Andy

Originally posted by voxson:
When you mean the whole song, you mean it included the "Set me alight we'll cut a whole right through the night" verse?

Andy

I'll answer for him. Yes. Whole song.

------------------
"YOU CAN'T HURT ME! NOT WITH MY CHEESE HELMET!"

Originally posted by mikal:
I'll answer for him. Yes. Whole song.

HIM?? Do you know for sure U2002revolution is a guy? The person posts on PLEBA a lot but I have suspected it is not a girl. As a matter of fact, from reading all the posts by this person I have come to strongly suspect that it may be BONO
eek.gif

Anyone else feel this way? Or do you know who it really is?
confused.gif

Originally posted by Sicy:
Her picture is in the picture thread.

I had to quit looking at it when it got so long it clogged my system, but thanks! I'm relieved to know that it is a girl and it is not a band member. I REALLY hope none of them read the stuff we put here. Ever wonder if one of them posted on the Elevation (Bono is uh, elevated) thread?
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 12-27-2001).]

It was played 3 times on the Elevation Tour:

Phoenix 11/23/01
Dallas 11/25/01
Miami 12/2/01

It was played twice (I think) during the 1989 Australian Lovetown Tour - once in Perth and once in Melbourne.

I think that's it since it was played every night in 1987.

Back
Top Bottom