In Dedication to the new snippet....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RademR

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I put together a few quotes about the new album to make us salivate even more after hearing that new "Vertigo" snippet came out. These quotes might turn out be quite accurate, based on ABOY and this new one. Which one got you the most hyped up for the new release?

"It's a monster, a dragon" - Bono

"Edge claims it is their rockiest offering since their early days, while Bono claims the songs are stronger than those on their last." Neil M.

"It's just ridiculous what's going on in the studio. Edge is just on fire--he's making the most extraordinary things come out of his guitar. It's astonishing...I'm very excited about what we're doing." -Bono

"This is our Who album. The Edge has really gone crazy writing guitar stuff." - Bono

"We've got a song up on the burner called 'Native Son.' The best way I think we can celebrate is to just finish out what we're doing: Make this song a scorching 45. The molecules in the air are vibrating quite nicely." -Bono

"It's hard to describe it, other than its just a very raw rock n' roll album. A band in its primary colours of guitar, bass, drums, voice and a lot of vitality and energy, so far anyway." -The Edge

"It's filled with big tunes and it's driven by a guitar player who is sick of the sight of me shaking hands with dodgy politicians. The anger is unbelievable. The Edge is the most gifted guitar player of his generation -- that's obvious." -Bono

"It's a guitar record. Which is, I think, our first." -Bono

"It is a big album, full of big ideas, delivered with beginner?s energy and veteran?s craft.? -Neil M.

"It's full-on, a full-throttle record. It's like punk rock made on Venus. It is a mad sound The Edge is making. People are saying, 'Bono, people are sick of you. You've been around, you've been winning all these awards. You have to go away for a while.' This record is so good that it won't even matter that people are sick of U2. And by the way, I'm sick of Bono - and I am Bono." -Bono

"Pedal to the metal, high-energy, joyous rock and roll." -Bono

"Edge brought around a CD of a new tune. It's just a provision title, "Full Metal Jacket." It's the roughest, it's the mother of all rock and roll tunes. I don't know where it came from, but it's a remarkable guitar thing. You want to hear it. It's a reason to make a record. This song is that good." -Bono

"We're halfway through a record that will burn down all our good works! It's a very full-on rock 'n' roll album." -Bono

"Let me put it to you this way: on our last record, the best song was 'Kite'. On this record, every song is at least as good as that one - and some of them are better." -Bono

"I love singles in rock and roll, the great 45s. That's what I loved about Nirvana, that's what I loved about the Sex Pistols, and going back to the Beatles and the Rolling Stones -- when you make that one record that changes everything." -Bono

"We've started our album and it's going to blow your mind. It's real punk rock, with some great guitar sounds and some beautiful melodies. The band is so tight coming straight off tour. I think we've really hit form. We were here to write a ballad, but we just keep knocking out these hard rock tunes." -Bono

And my personal favorite...."The album will be out in November." -Bono

RademR said:

"It's a guitar record. Which is, I think, our first." -Bono
lmao

Check out the August 2003 Achtoon Baby cartoon at www.atu2.com for some amusing renditions of Bono's quotes. What is scary though is that the cartoon is from last August! I though it was from March or something. We've waited too long for this album...

ya I noticed that when looking at some of these quotes. Some were back in early 2002. Too Long.

I think the album will make people wonder if this is the same band that recorded ATYCLB... Just like how Achtung Baby made people wonder if it was the same band that made The Joshua Tree.

Originally posted by david I think the album will make people wonder if this is the same band that recorded ATYCLB... Just like how Achtung Baby made people wonder if it was the same band that made The Joshua Tree.

i agree 100%. another connection to AB! i tell you, this album will be more like AB II than anything else!

me too, I was too young to be a part of the Rattle&Hum to Achtung Baby changeover. I get the chills just thinking about what it was like to hear "The Fly" for the first time after getting "Heartland" and "Hawkmoon" songs. I love R&H dont get me wrong but it gets killed by AB and that new style u2 ventured into.

Whats really great is AB is my favorite album!!! I logged on this morning and saw all the buzz about the clip. I'm stuck here at work with no speakers. I'm going home for lunch to rock out...:drool:

Guys, this album will be the greatest one!!! I believe it will be the best thing they've ever done! ...like Bono said.

Back
Top Bottom