In an effort to not look like a fool if I get to meet U2....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
Other than not screaming and otherwise acting like a dumbass, what would you recommend? Any good ideas for, say, if I get more than 2 minutes to chat with them? Comments, suggestions, etc from anyone who's met them before would be much appreciated.
biggrin.gif

------------------
I need someone to stay with (ie split hotel/motel costs) for the Notre Dame show. Please follow this link and post to the thread if you can help!!!

http://forum.u2wdd.org/u2feedback/Forum24/HTML/000868.html

We turn away to face the cold, enduring chill
As the day begs the night for mercy
Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars
Carved into stone on the face of the earth
The moon is up and over One Tree Hill

clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Hey clarity > I got GC's for Denver and also am thinking, hmmm...maybe they'll come out and say hi. I can't think of a damn thing to say. Probably I will just hope to shake a hand or two and smile a big goofy grin and hope there's nothing green stuck in my teeth.

Wish I could join you in Indiana--Indy was good to me last spring.
smile.gif

ask bono to talk in his macphisto voice for you. i've always wondered if, since the zoo tv tour ended, if he ever does talk in it just for fun...

------------------
"As guests on MTV in '82 -Bono, The Edge, Adam, and Larry - they were asked to describe what they had that separated them from other artists, what made them special. If you think about it, it was a pretty ballsy question, but then again the channel was young. U2 simply responded, 'Watch us and see.' So here we are almost two decades, thirteen albums, millions of fans and more than 50 music videos later, we find ourselves still watching.

Their music - the unforgettable fires and the streets with no names - stretched far beyond the sonic landscape. The beat of every U2 song is the pulse of every human heart. When Bono shouts 'This is not a rebel song' at the start of 'Sunday, Bloody Sunday', we know that it really is. It is the sound of a generation rebelling against its own indifference.

And yes, the rumors are true. These four lads from Dublin are, indeed, rock stars. They smoke. They drink. They use bad language in mixed company. They're extremely rich and they can flash more bling than most posses in this room. They have also - they have also done more than most governments to eliminate debt in Third World countries. Rock stars they are, and God bless them for that.

What really separates U2 from the rest, more importantly, is relevance. The only thing that keeps an artists credible and alive for this long is relevance. From Boy to Joshua Tree to All That You Can't Leave Behind, this is what music feels like when it's done right. It's a fist in the air, a kick in the balls, and two hearts beating as one, and we have it all on video for you."

Originally posted by clarityat3am:
LOL!! You guys are great! I'll check my teeth and take off my clothes then!
tongue.gif
That settles it! LMAO!

nooooo... surely you wouldn't.
wink.gif

i don't know what to tell you...i think you'll do just fine saying "hi" and smiling to the boys.
smile.gif

is there something you want to ask them? any special messages you'd like to deliever?
think about it.

------------------
"be uncool, yes be awkward" - Always

WAH HA AH HA HA! Damn you guys are funny! U2one, that is a very good idea! I never thought of asking Bono to speak in - sigh - THAT voice! Whoa! I would, like, die if he did that!!!!!
eek.gif

Short of flashing them, i would say try to talk about a serious issue. I mean, he has already heard all the gushy, lovey dovey, how great you are stuff. If you talk about something serious, he might stick around longer. And ask him about the attacks, i really want to know his thoughts on that. Oh, tell him Miss MacPhisto from u2 chat says Hi! Hee hee!
wink.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 09-28-2001).]

Yeah I'm joking...I don't want to get kicked off the property before I get to see them!
biggrin.gif
Oh hell, you only live twice! GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Hey, why dont you try getting so excited that you spill a drink all over Bono, preferably below the waist somehow, then pull out a paper towel and say "Oh i'm so sorry, here, let me..."
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------

Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto:
Hey, why dont you try getting so excited that you spill a drink all over Bono, preferably below the waist somehow, then pull out a paper towel and say "Oh i'm so sorry, here, let me..."
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

LMFAO! Good idea!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Yeah I'm joking...I don't want to get kicked off the property before I get to see them!
biggrin.gif

that's ok. i know you were kidding. on the other hand, who says there's any security outside the venue?
biggrin.gif

well if i was to met them (yeah, what are the odds?
frown.gif
) , i'd ask them if it's harder to compete with other bands that are around or do they feel that the biggest challenge is that the band itself is happy with an album.

or, do they prefer the early days before fame came along or do they enjoy being U2 more these days?

what is harder: getting ideas for the songs, the process of creating a song, or finishing the song and making sure it sounds good?

how hard is it to make the sound you intended for the song when you start working on it? how close can you get?

also, perhaps an obvious question: do you read Interference? if so, who reads? everyone in the band or just, say, Edge or Bono?
smile.gif

when they get together in the studio to record an album, do Edge or Bono bring ideas (riffs/lyrics) or does the work start right there in the studio?

------------------
"be uncool, yes be awkward" - Always

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 09-28-2001).]

If you are good at acting do a fake faint. well someone will have to give you mouth to mouth and if there are only our guys there.
It's an idea or if you faint anyway just tell your friends you faked it.

Well, just remember, this one girl took her shirt off in Anaheim and tried to get Bono to sign it - HE WOULDNT.
They really love polite, sincere, down to earth people *esp* girls that are the sweet and innocent type. Ever considered being an actress? Well...Now's the time to learn!!
biggrin.gif

Worked for me! I look the part, its just that looks can be deceiving!
wink.gif

------------------

i met the band in montreal outside of their hotel. if you would like you can email and i'll expand on the story but we were told to stay calm and respect their space and they will be more than happy to talk to us.
well there was a group of about 50 that stayed calm and respected the space, and we each got a moment(i got a little more) with Larry, Adam and the Edge. Bono, we were told was feeling ill and went back to his room for a nap.
email me if you would like more details...mmmm, i didn't keep that very brief did i?

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

I'd want to know if he knew about the "elevated" pictures circulating on PLEBA and how do you keep the surprise in marriage when you've known someone nearly all your lives. I'd also tell him my kids dance around naked to ELEVATION and always come to get me "Hey Mom, Bono's on the radio again!!!"

------------------
If your glass house should crack....POE

Originally posted by mad1:
Just feckin...take all ur clothes off!!!!!!!
lol!!!!!!!

------------------
~*Mona*~
Bono Representative of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Bono doesn't often sing without the shades. When he does, you know he means Business." ~Matt McGee~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."~U2~

Originally posted by U2One:
ask bono to talk in his macphisto voice for you. i've always wondered if, since the zoo tv tour ended, if he ever does talk in it just for fun...

lol *raunchy* I wonder if Ali even asks him to do the MacPhisto voice....y'know....

*innuendo*

------------------
~*Mona*~
Bono Representative of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Bono doesn't often sing without the shades. When he does, you know he means Business." ~Matt McGee~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."~U2~

I think it's time to excavate that hilarious list of what not to ask the band. Anybody remember that? "Hey Adam, remember ZOOTV Sydney, 1st night? Great show!"

They really love polite, sincere, down to earth people *esp* girls that are the sweet and innocent type

Great ! It's about time us sweet and innocent type girls get some attention ! Yea !!!

biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Naya (edited 09-28-2001).]

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

You guys are just trying to get more pictures for the elevated thread *shaking head in disaproval* poor Bono

[This message has been edited by mbi16 (edited 09-28-2001).]

I have a coupla ideas of what to do for conversation starters, but I have a feeling I'll be so giddy and verging on hysteria, that what will pop out of my mouth will prolly be: "OMIGODICANTBELIEVEITYOURESTANDINGRIGHTHERNEXTTOMEIMFREAKINGOUTOMIGOD!!!"

OR:

Um, so...how's (*wife name*)? How's the kids? How's the house? How's...*insert innocuous blurb here* ???

OY. I gotta think of something.

Yeah well,CPR wouldnt be so bad either --- then one of 'em is gonna have to put his hands on your chest!!!!!! WHOO HOO!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Dang, it'd suck if it turned out none of U2 knew CPR and it and the mouth to mouth was left up to some beefy bald security guard...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
frown.gif

Hey, U2, wanna learn CPR??? I'll be your dummy!!!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------

Whatever you do, don't get freaked out and scream. I fucking hate when people do that!!
Not like I think you would or anything, it's just a pet peeve.
smile.gif

I on the otherhand, would probably go blank and have absolutely nothing to say. A "hey' how's it going?" is good, especially if you're naked.
wink.gif

------------------
Elvis is in your mom

Back
Top Bottom