"In a Little While"...What do ya think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
I think it's Ali with the Spanish Eyes

And let me reiterate for what may be the hundredth time (but don't worry I don't mind repeating myself on this matter). I really think it should be released, because it will appeal to a different audience than would have liked Walk On, Stuck, and Kite and possibly already have the album.. so not only is it a bloody amazing song, i think releasing it would be a wise marketing move.

Having said that, I saw the video for Kite on Much Music today, and it was very moving and excellent.

The station I listen to here in the Twin Cities already plays IALW. And the DJs seem to like it.
smile.gif
I love the album version...not crazy about it live.

-sula

Originally posted by Bonoforever:
It's a great song but personally I'd like to see some new stuff!

I don't think releasing it as a single would in any way delay the release of new material seeing as they already have recorded it. They could put I Remember You and the Sun, the Moon and the Stars as Bsides. That sounds like it would fit together nicely.

I LOVE this song!! I don't care if it gets released as a single, but I think the radio stations should play it more.
I guess if it was a single, they'd play it more, whatever, I just wish I could hear it more on the radio.

Originally posted by tackleberry:
Who's the "little girl with spanish eyes"?

<-----

------------------
~*Mona*~ Echo's Pimpstress Protege
97% compatible with Bono

Proud Owner of the Bon Jovi soap caddy

Love me, give me soul.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

STING: Some dark-haired girl in a camo hat chloroformed me and Bruce Springsteen and put us in these big jars in the basement.

While I agree that Staind sucks, I'm undecided on IALW as a single. It's probably my favorite song on ATYCLB and I don't need to hear it on the radio. But if they're gonna release another single, it's gotta be that or Kite. Actually, I think Big Girls are Best would have made a great single.

Originally posted by SkeeK:
They could put I Remember You and the Sun, the Moon and the Stars as Bsides.

Has anyone here actually heard the Sun the Moon the Stars? I've wanted to hear it for the longest time, and they've tempted us by claiming it would be a b-side for Elevation -- but then no, it was not. My patience is wearing thin.
wink.gif

------------------
"The minute anybody starts telling you what God thinks, or exactly why he does such and such, beware. People should never try to make God in man's image, and that's what they're constantly doing." - Madeleine L'Engle, 1963

"True to form, Edge's promise of 'just the one' turns out to mean just the one bottle of vodka." - Q Mag interview

"don't let go, you've got the music in you..."

KITE might be the best song on the album, but IMO I don't think it is a single. IN A LITTLE WHILE would be the best choice. I think it is unforunate that it was not released during the tour when they had the momentum although there could be another chapter if the album gets a lot of Grammy nominations.
Remember, last year's Grammy awards were only for the single Beautiful Day--the rest of the album was not eligible. I think what they did by flip-flopping the releases of WALK ON and Stuck In A Moment... in different countries was a mistake. Being that we all live in a global village, it created the feeling that both singles were out at the same time. I mean I got an email last week from U2.com announcing the European release of WALK ON and I am thinking I have been hearing this song on the radio for a year. Yes, I understand that the airplay was different in each country but it just seemed to me that STUCK and WALK ON were out as singles for a year with nothing new. I mean they played LENO last week and played WALK ON and I am thinking I thought STUCK was the U.S single. Anyway, it was a great performance, and WALK ON Is a better song anyway. Also, the U.S videos for WALK ON and STUCK were two of the worst videos I have ever seen. What's even worse is that they had European videos for WALK ON and STUCK that were great(the European STUCK video is one of the best videos I have ever seen). Bad marketing IMO. There is hope though; POP had 5 singles released:

Discotheque
Staring At The Sun
Last Night On Earth
Please
If God Will Send His Angels

This song has "single" all over it. Even more so than Kite. I am quite shocked and happy about Kite here in Canada. I never thought it would ever get the exposure, commercially, that it is getting. I love it! The radio plays it, Muchmusic plays it, and of course, I play it. Canada has embraced this album more than any other country I think. I love being a Canadian U2 fan. Sorry, I tend to wander off sometimes.
wink.gif

------------------
The idiot who put the DVD on his Christmas wish list. What was I thinking!?! That is a WHOLE month away!

lmao@ "hangover song" I haven't read the article/quote that is referenced from tackleberry, but lol.
I would love to hear IALW more often on the radio, I remember it moved me greatly the first time I heard it . Maybe without a flim clip though, best left to the imagination.
I had presumed he meant Ali,whose spanish eyes we have all noticed, but I don't know their age difference exactly.It's not really possible is it? I was still in a pram when my hub reached double figures
smile.gif
it can happen though .But they went thru school together eh?.....Now that is a beautiful thing too.
Anyway, yes please, another single with some live performances attached would be fine by me, or the first single off the new album, either way
smile.gif

Originally posted by BostonAnne:
I also thought that must be Ali, but after reading #4 of the following link, I think it's one of his daughters.

A pram is a baby carriage.
[This message has been edited by BostonAnne (edited 11-30-2001).]

Ahem. "You turn me oooooonnnnnnnn" would certainly be an innapropriate lyric to sing about one of his daughters. I suspect that he sings about knowing Ali since she was "A little girl...In a pram..." because he literally did know Ali since she was a young girl.

MAP

While it would be a fine single, IALW never was consistently played on the tour. I don't think the song got the reception that the band was looking for when it was played live. This may keep it from being released. Also, releasing any single after the tour would be anti-climactic.

Time to move on.

I know people have posted this before, but screw it anyhow. Should this song get exposure over the radio or should they retire ATYCLB with Stuck being the last single. Is it time to move on or what?

Also, I was wondering what people thought this song was in reference to. I know its a "hangover song" but is it to his wife or his children? Who's the "little girl with spanish eyes"?

------------------
"You gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York..."

Originally posted by SkeeK:
I think it's Ali with the Spanish Eyes

And let me reiterate for what may be the hundredth time (but don't worry I don't mind repeating myself on this matter). I really think it should be released, because it will appeal to a different audience than would have liked Walk On, Stuck, and Kite and possibly already have the album.. so not only is it a bloody amazing song, i think releasing it would be a wise marketing move.

My thoughts exactly...

OMG to hear that song in the car radio randomly...ooo

THAT girl THAT girl she's miiine...

turn it ooooonnnn.....

*faints* I love that song.

------------------
~*Mona*~ Echo's Pimpstress Protege
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

STING:Some dark-haired girl in a camo hat chloroformed me and Bruce Springsteen and put us in these big jars in the basement.~Echo~

Kite video?! Is it from the Boston performance from the DVD or a whole new video? PLEASE tell me ASAP..
Anyway, I agree about the song being very good. I think it SHOULD be a single but I doubt there will be another in America if Kite doesn't do well in Canada. Stuck In A Moment is stuck at number 14 in VH1's list right now, and has been for a very long time, unfortunately.
frown.gif
They're going downhill...

------------------
the glass is cut, the bottle run dry..
Ari
our love runs cold in the caverns of the night..

elevatedmole... it's just from the Boston DVD.. and it is utterly fantastic!!

Originally posted by Matthew_Page2000:
Ahem. "You turn me oooooonnnnnnnn" would certainly be an innapropriate lyric to sing about one of his daughters. I suspect that he sings about knowing Ali since she was "A little girl...In a pram..." because he literally did know Ali since she was a young girl.

MAP

I didn't say I thought the whole song was about one of his daughters, I said I thought that when he refers to the little girl with spanish eyes part it's one of his daughters.

"In A Little While" is probably my favourite song on the album and also now one of my favourite U2 songs of all time. My band is doing a cover of it (although we still haven't played any gigs yet...soon, hopefully).

Back
Top Bottom