"In A Little While Vs. If You Wear That Velvet Dress"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i like both songs but and can't decide. IALW is great when you sit on the rocky edge of a mountain looking over the the land and you have the part ...a man takes a rocket ship into the skies, He lives on a star that's dying in the night, And follows in the trail, the scatter of light, Turn it on, turn it on, you turn me on... on your earplugs.
IYWTVD is a great song for making love...thats the truth
Tonight the moon is a mirror-ball, Light flickers from across the hall, Who'll catch the star when it falls.

chucky28 said:

Exactly. How can someone doesnt like Edge's solo in Velvet? Wow, I am shocked now. I know music is a matter of taste, but in this case, I am speechless. Hating Edge's guitar work in this song? :huh:

*guitar solo*

*whistling*

Sunliiiiiight...
Sunliiiiiight fills my room...
It's sharp, and it's clear, but nothing at all...
...Like the mooo-ooo-ooo-ooon...

:combust:

Axver said:
Dogs barking would be better than In A Little While.

:lol: I wouldn't go that far, but I agree with you that In A Little While grates...I like the melody and folksy feel though.

But yes, obviously my vote is for Velvet - gorgeous song. Would someone possibly be able to send me the Holland version - I don't have that one and it sounds like I should!

casrunge@hotmail.com

Oh also, does anyone know what Bono whispers at the start of Velvet before he starts humming?

chucky28 said:

Exactly. How can someone doesnt like Edge's solo in Velvet? Wow, I am shocked now. I know music is a matter of taste, but in this case, I am speechless. Hating Edge's guitar work in this song? :huh:

I never liked that song on "Pop". I never liked it in concert - I felt it was THE worst song they could have played after "Discotheque". But more than that, I abhorred that irritating guitar noise. Back in '97, I recall a person writing how his roommate felt that the beginning of "Gone" sounded like cats screeching. That's how I feel about the guitar work on "Velvet". Just didn't fit the song at all.

But to be fair, before I made my post, I listened to the song again. And I had listened to it several times (long before this thread ever existed) after the Jools Holland version surfaced. And every time, I felt the same. Over the years, some of "O.K. Computer" has grown on me - even though I hated that album in '97. Sadly, over the same years, the songs I originally didn't really like on "Pop" remain the same - I still don't like them. This is not a "Pop" bash - there are songs on every U2 album I don't like. But rarely have I changed my mind (there are exceptions - I didn't like "One" at first, but grew to love it).

But hey, the good thing is that all versions of the song exist! Some might even like the remix of "In a Little While" more than the album version!

Back
Top Bottom