In a little while some of Bono's best vocals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jdelbove

Acrobat
I love the song in a little while and always have ever since I heard it. Love the drum beat, love edge's riff love the mood love the off beat quality of it. But truely it is one of Bono's best vocals. I love the raspyness in his voice. Its interesting because its not tired or weak there is strenth behind the rasp and smothness when he transitions the the falsetto part. It just is a very well executed vocal delivery from him, very detailed. He seems to have so much control over his vocals in it for example - "friday night running to sunday on my kneehees" love the way he drops the note. He just exibits an amazing amount of control over his voice on this song. Its realy interesting considering all the vocal troubles he had durring that period.

What do u guys think about the vocal on the song.

Jdelbove said:
I love the song in a little while and always have ever since I heard it. Love the drum beat, love edge's riff love the mood love the off beat quality of it. But truely it is one of Bono's best vocals. I love the raspyness in his voice. Its interesting because its not tired or weak there is strenth behind the rasp and smothness when he transitions the the falsetto part. It just is a very well executed vocal delivery from him, very detailed. He seems to have so much control over his vocals in it for example - "friday night running to sunday on my kneehees" love the way he drops the note. He just exibits an amazing amount of control over his voice on this song. Its realy interesting considering all the vocal troubles he had durring that period.

What do u guys think about the vocal on the song.

"Its interesting because its not tired or weak there is strenth behind the rasp and smothness when he transitions the the falsetto part."

Excellent observation. Bono recorded this song, after a long night of partying... and it fits well with the lyric. But I too was suprised by how there is no loss of power or control. Bono should record a whole album hung over.

One of my favourite U2 songs, I'm crazy about it. Wish they'd played it live more often. The vocals are totally fitting. It's a very sweet song.

jacobus said:
one of the few better songs of the 2000s

Agreed. It's my favourire song from ATYCLB, the vocal is incredible, especially the "slow down my beating heart" bit. Love it.

Bono sounds completely and utterly wrecked on this song. I love it.

I don't really care much for the live versions for this reason. It's the only live U2 song that has me thinking, "I don't like this. Bono sounds too good!" Heh.

I am just impressed whith the skill he demonstrates in the song even though his voice is broken I truely think its one of his best vocals ever and thats strange as most people would agree that pop-atyclb was a low point for him

a fine vocal on a fine song.

i play guitar with a friend of mine and he absolutely detests U2 (and still does). i sent him this song though and he really really liked it and learnt the guitar part immediately. it has a great melody :up:

I just listened to it again and it made we think how great it would be to go out on the town with Bono, man he'd be fun. He'd be all hoarse from talking and joking and singing all night.

There's something so warm and inviting about this song. I love how it's totally sweet without being sappy. Maybe it's Bono's raspy vocals that keep it from being too sacharrine.

Back
Top Bottom