In a Lifetime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2takemehigher

The Fly
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but just HAD to share it with you peeps.

The song 'In a Lifetime' was a one-off solo that Bono did with Clannad, it was recorded in the late 80's.

This song is gets more and more amazing at each listen. Its goes deeper each time. For those who've heard it you'll know what i mean when i say its fantabulous.
Its a unique song and the video is beautiful besides its darkness, and the scene with Bono standing on the hills with the wind in his hair is just:drool:
Bono hits the high notes and sings better than he ever has, and thats saying something!

Please watch the music video In a Lifetime

Wish i could find it in the shops but its nowhere to be seen:sad:

Last edited:
I love this song so much! I think it's Bono's best vocal performance ever - yes, better than anything he's done with U2. There's this part where he goes from full voice to falsetto just like that, and the falsetto bit is so beautiful and angelic, unlike anything he's ever done before or since.

OMB the falsetto!! that bit is like too beautiful too describe. Do you know excatly what the words are that he sings in that bit? could never really figure out what he's saying ^_^

Agree SO MUCH about it being better than any stuff U2 have done. Its my favourite song of all time, has been for like 3 months so far and its still lodged in my mind:wink:

"Unless the sound has faded from your soul, unless it disappears"

Bono is singing full voice for most of this line, very passionately, and then goes to falsetto on "it disappears."

It's so beautiful and perfect.

Bono's shades said:
"Unless the sound has faded from your soul, unless it disappears"

Bono is singing full voice for most of this line, very passionately, and then goes to falsetto on "it disappears."

It's so beautiful and perfect.

Thank you!:hug: that bit always confuzzled me
Oh and that bit "it disappears" he has his eyes closed and looking so handsome as always

this was the song that burned the fire of love for Mr. Bono:wink:

Back
Top Bottom