Important Message From Principle Management To All U2 Fans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Edge89

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Found this:

I've received an email later this evening from a person working at U2's PM [Principle Management], they are not happy that the album is spreading on the net, they will close sites (and message boards) with link to HTDAAB in the next couple of days!

Don't Want Interference.com to be shut down, do you?:eyebrow:

They should maybe concentrate on finding who leaked it in the first place? I thought there were extremely few physical copies about unless its come from a pressing plant.

But its such a grey area as not everyone who d/loads it will buy it so you can see their point.

BTW I think that message is a fake. If Principle were working this weekend they wouldn't be emailing people like this. There would be a statement released to the press about the leak urging fans not to download it, and/or confirming its release (or not) via iTunes.

Too late. The album is all over the P2P networks and there's nothing they can do about it. Once the cat is out of the bag there's no putting it back in.

The worst thing they could do right now is to act against the fan sites. These are the people who, although they've listened to the leaks, will buy the album anyway (sometimes multiple copies), unlike the casual downloaders, who would not be afected by this measure at all. Pissing off your hard-core fan base is never a smart move. This is what the RIAA and the MPAA have been doing in the last few months, and we all now the tremendous success they've been having.

Also, they couldn't seriously expect the album not to leak. Nowadays, every album, no matter how tight security is, will leak eventually. It's only a matter of time, and they've actually done a pretty good job preventing Vertigo from leaking and holding on to the album for so long. But now they need to acept the fact that it's happened, and that lashing out against the people who will actually pay for it when it comes out won't make things better in any way

Jaxx said:
Too late. The album is all over the P2P networks and there's nothing they can do about it. Once the cat is out of the bag there's no putting it back in.

Yep, it's way too late, it was probably too late 24 hours ago. This thing is all over IRC, usenet, torrent sites, emule, etc.

I think the email is fake too anyway. :shrug: Look how quickly the sites posting the lyrics got shut down last week...I think it just took a couple of hours. Not days, with an advance warning.

I think it is fake.

This isn't THAT bad...as of 4 am this morning...I couldn't find news of the leak anywhere except on U2 sites. Right now, I think only fans know( and from my perspective and others, the band has our paychecks for like the next year anyways)...and I don't think they should be lettting any casual U2 fan or anyone hear it anyways, not until the 16th at least.

:shrug:

I'm curious, what was U2's original idea to release the album immediately when the CD was lifted earlier this summer was meant to do?

Only thing we have heard on this angle is Paul McGuiness was to have a conference call 9:00 am this morning with Universal regarding the leak. Radio Stations in Canada were waiting to hear the outcome.

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Bono said they'd release it on iTunes if it leaked that early. I'm not sure if they'll do it now, but who knows?:eyebrow:

Actually, I should have asked what is the rationale to relase an album right away if a leaked one is out.

What is the motive for the band?:|

I bet we'll have news about the leak tomorrow.

The leaker(s) probably knew that doing it on a weekend would make any reaction/action more difficult.

Katey said:
Only thing we have heard on this angle is Paul McGuiness was to have a conference call 9:00 am this morning with Universal regarding the leak. Radio Stations in Canada were waiting to hear the outcome.

Any more news on this conference call?

Reggie Thee Dog said:

Bono said they'd release it on iTunes if it leaked that early. I'm not sure if they'll do it now, but who knows?:eyebrow:

that was over the summer though...3 months in advance would have been disasterous, 2 weeks wont hurt them too much.

Katey said:

Oh yeah? Who did you hear that from?

caylan said:

Actually, I should have asked what is the rationale to relase an album right away if a leaked one is out.

What is the motive for the band?:|

So that they don't lose money with people downloading it for free - not that it is an issue for die-hard fans, they will buy any and all things u2-related. It is likely more of an issue for casual fans who are content to have the illegal downloads and not spend money to buy the real thing.

no no more news on the call, didnt hear anything after on what happened or if the call actually occured as it was suppose to.
I originally heard it from a program director at a Canadian radio station who was waiting to hear back from Universal but we checked in with the U2 side as well.

I don't know -- in what I've heard from both here and other music message boards I read, most of the people who have downloaded it still plan on buying the album when it is released, which says alot about this band.

At this point I really think they do it for the music and because they have ego. They are all millionnaires. They deverve to get paid for their work, yes, I will buy the album, yes, but I hope they do it for the music. I cant feel bad for them because the album leaked (witch is normal these days). They cant do it for the money...I dont believe it's a question of sells and money why they keep doing their job.

Remember...Zootv didn't bring a lot of $$$ but they kept touring

To

Last edited:
Please, everyone, Let's make a vow to go and buy the album. I am going to purchase at least 3 copies. I hope we all can vow to at least get one!

I think what U2 want at this point boosterjuice is more fans....fans that will cry out loud HTDAAB is a awsome record. I dont think they want hardcore fans (who are sometimes short of money) go and buy a lot of Cds to encourage U2. I think they want to be rembered as the best group of all time. (By the way I respect that you buy couple of copies of the new album....its one of their best work)

Finally I think this is why they kept ticket price very low and why the best seats on the elevation tour were the cheapest.

They want happy fans, not the money...well I hope.
To

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom