Important Message From Principle Management To All U2 Fans! - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2004, 01:06 PM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:49 PM
Where was this found, anyway?

Old 11-08-2004, 02:56 PM   #47
The Fly

Local Time: 10:49 PM
To all of those who have read this thread, please go to my A massage to U2, not their f""kin' principle management thread. I would appreciate your support.

thanx

Old 11-08-2004, 03:35 PM   #48
Refugee

Local Time: 07:49 PM
For The fucking ( yes, I don´t mind to put that word for those men ) principal management

What the hell do you think you are ?
Are you working for CIA or Pentagon ?
You can´t close ANY fan site just because those sites have links to the new U2 album, if you are so worried just close the links, BUT DON´T CLOSE ANY U2 FAN SITE. That stupid way to act is more like some politics that all we know where they comes from...
With such horrible acts the only thing you have as outcome is very upset fans and more and more fans wanting to put the forbidden link

Get a life, I like U2, but that doesn´t mean I must like every U2´s related working men
Old 11-08-2004, 03:43 PM   #49
War Child

Local Time: 03:49 PM
It makes no sense for Principal to get all riled up--people who d'load an early leak would most likely buy the album in the first week anyway, for those who download and do not buy, my feeling is that they would not have bought the album anyway. So whether the albums leaks before or after the release date seems moot to me.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:51 PM   #50
Jim
Refugee

how do we know this is anywhere near fact? Hardly looks like an official statement to me..
Old 11-08-2004, 03:52 PM   #51
The Fly

Seems to me that the original message, supposedly from Principle, was a fake. Clicking on the link shows that the message has been taken down. Given everything that we know about Principle ("U2 at the End of the World", the fact that they've all been hand-picked by the four band members), that message never really sounded to me like it was for real. If anything, they'd've asked us to not burn and sell copies, and to spread the word about how much we liked it. More likely the posting came from a fan with a dial-up connection who couldn't download the songs, was jealous of those who had, and lashed out.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:53 PM   #52
Jim
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by MacPhisto066
To all of those who have read this thread, please go to my A massage to U2, not their f""kin' principle management thread. I would appreciate your support.

thanx
why are you getting your knickers in such a twist? Who cares? And where is this official statement from Principle Management??
Old 11-08-2004, 04:09 PM   #53
War Child

Quote:
why are you getting your knickers in such a twist? Who cares? And where is this official statement from Principle Management??
We've never had any official statement or word from Principle Management.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:30 PM   #54
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:49 PM
Yeah. PM's gonna piss off thousands of fans right before the release of a record that's been leaked. If they were that stupid, the company would've folded years ago.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:39 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:49 PM
Martha, where the hell have you been....oh yeah, you're abstaining from all downloaded music, huh?
Old 11-08-2004, 08:35 PM   #56
Blue Crack Supplier

Well, I can't physically download, but I don't think I would if I could.

Did my comment indicate a misunderstanding of the sitch? Tell me straight, Reggie. I know you will.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:19 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by ponkine
For The fucking ( yes, I don´t mind to put that word for those men ) principal management

What the hell do you think you are ?
Are you working for CIA or Pentagon ?
You can´t close ANY fan site just because those sites have links to the new U2 album, if you are so worried just close the links, BUT DON´T CLOSE ANY U2 FAN SITE. That stupid way to act is more like some politics that all we know where they comes from...
With such horrible acts the only thing you have as outcome is very upset fans and more and more fans wanting to put the forbidden link

Get a life, I like U2, but that doesn´t mean I must like every U2´s related working men
Most of Principle Management are women.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:29 PM   #58
genius of compression
Forum Moderator

neutral @ interference.com
Old 11-16-2004, 05:43 AM   #59
Acrobat

Actually... I was emailed a warning to remove a song from my site within 3 days or it'd be shut down... That was on a site I pay for. I had a second site that did get shut down without warning.

I'm just now stumbling into this thread, tho I read every post... I never saw an official statement from PM, so I can't comment on its authenticity. However, the intention was real and they are closing sites.

My advice to anyone hosting: Beware, be nice, be polite, & remove whatever files you're asked to remove. The law is on their side. (And yes, I checked it all out. As a u2 mp3 website owner/operator, I felt I should learn me some law bs.)
Old 11-16-2004, 05:46 AM   #60
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 05:49 PM
You got this email now? You've taken down your mp3's.

Was it your ISP that sent you the email?

Edited to say: Funny that it was Neon Lights that they asked you remove. That's almost funny.