Important Message From Principle Management To All U2 Fans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I brought all 3 singles today...
will be getting the Delxue album, will be waiting for the store to open.

most of us here i'm sure are doing that....

Kennardo is spot on, they'll sell a 'Shitload' and make about the same.

The album will not sell any less. If its good, and it damn well is, people buy it. I know I for one like having the real thing in my hand (ooerrrr.....meaning the album), with the booklet etc and proper CD. Piracy only ruins sales if the music thats being released is crap and then people buy it find the album is crap and don't buy the real thing. This has happened in my case, although I wasn't going to buy the REM album in the first case, I downloaded REM's new album and found that it was crap so haven't bought it. First REM album I haven't bought since 1988 their music really has hit rock bottom. Now U2's album is great and I have had it on order for a couple of months and just cos it has been leaked does not mean I will cancel it, nooooooooo, all that has done has given me a nice preview of a great album and there's always FAST CARS too look forward to.

I agree with Jaxx. I will buy the album, deluxe edition so no worries Principle Management, we'll do our best to keep the leak under wraps.

There are millions of people out there who download music so that they wouldn't actually have to buy it. Not everyone claims to be as "generous and faithful" like the bunch of "fans" in these U2 web sites.

Zoomerang96 said:
losers. what can they possibly do? nothing. people will still buy the album.

Try using better language to get across your point.

FYI, U2 already were guaranteed the $ from their 10 CD contract.
Ppl stealing music are hurting the labels not U2.
However, byproduct may be less guarantees in future contracts from label esp. if band doesn't help lessen piracy.

Last edited by a moderator:
caylan said:

Try using better language to get across your point.

FYI, U2 already were guaranteed the $ from their 10 CD contract.
Ppl stealing music are hurting the labels not U2.
However, byproduct may be less guarantees in future contracts from label esp. if band doesn't help lessen piracy.

:lmao: this is me sitting here behind my computer laughing at you.

just what the hell is your problem with what i said? i wasn't making fun or putting down u2 at all. are you offended that i called the people at universal "losers"?

wow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caylan -

NO personal attacks - I edited your post and Zoomerang's quote of your comment. You are welcome to disagree but please do not call other people names.

Zoomerang96 said:

:lmao: this is me sitting here behind my computer laughing at you.

just what the hell is your problem with what i said? i wasn't making fun or putting down u2 at all. are you offended that i called the people at universal "losers"?

wow.

My bad, I thought you were putting down ppl who WERE NOT downloading because of their own personal reasons.
My apologies.

Zoomerang96 said:
i see.

my best friend is a u2 fan and won't download it either...

That'll teach me to not walk into the middle of a conversation.:huh:

To all of those who have read this thread, please go to my A massage to U2, not their f""kin' principle management thread. I would appreciate your support.

thanx

For The fucking ( yes, I don´t mind to put that word for those men ) principal management :mad:

What the hell do you think you are ?
Are you working for CIA or Pentagon ?
You can´t close ANY fan site just because those sites have links to the new U2 album, if you are so worried just close the links, BUT DON´T CLOSE ANY U2 FAN SITE. That stupid way to act is more like some politics that all we know where they comes from...
With such horrible acts the only thing you have as outcome is very upset fans and more and more fans wanting to put the forbidden link :mad:

Get a life, I like U2, but that doesn´t mean I must like every U2´s related working men :madspit:

It makes no sense for Principal to get all riled up--people who d'load an early leak would most likely buy the album in the first week anyway, for those who download and do not buy, my feeling is that they would not have bought the album anyway. So whether the albums leaks before or after the release date seems moot to me.

how do we know this is anywhere near fact? Hardly looks like an official statement to me..

Seems to me that the original message, supposedly from Principle, was a fake. Clicking on the link shows that the message has been taken down. Given everything that we know about Principle ("U2 at the End of the World", the fact that they've all been hand-picked by the four band members), that message never really sounded to me like it was for real. If anything, they'd've asked us to not burn and sell copies, and to spread the word about how much we liked it. More likely the posting came from a fan with a dial-up connection who couldn't download the songs, was jealous of those who had, and lashed out.

MacPhisto066 said:
To all of those who have read this thread, please go to my A massage to U2, not their f""kin' principle management thread. I would appreciate your support.

thanx

why are you getting your knickers in such a twist? Who cares? And where is this official statement from Principle Management??

why are you getting your knickers in such a twist? Who cares? And where is this official statement from Principle Management??

We've never had any official statement or word from Principle Management.

ponkine said:
For The fucking ( yes, I don´t mind to put that word for those men ) principal management :mad:

What the hell do you think you are ?
Are you working for CIA or Pentagon ?
You can´t close ANY fan site just because those sites have links to the new U2 album, if you are so worried just close the links, BUT DON´T CLOSE ANY U2 FAN SITE. That stupid way to act is more like some politics that all we know where they comes from...
With such horrible acts the only thing you have as outcome is very upset fans and more and more fans wanting to put the forbidden link :mad:

Get a life, I like U2, but that doesn´t mean I must like every U2´s related working men :madspit:

Most of Principle Management are women. ;)

Actually... I was emailed a warning to remove a song from my site within 3 days or it'd be shut down... That was on a site I pay for. I had a second site that did get shut down without warning.

I'm just now stumbling into this thread, tho I read every post... I never saw an official statement from PM, so I can't comment on its authenticity. However, the intention was real and they are closing sites.

My advice to anyone hosting: Beware, be nice, be polite, & remove whatever files you're asked to remove. The law is on their side. (And yes, I checked it all out. As a u2 mp3 website owner/operator, I felt I should learn me some law bs.)

You got this email now? You've taken down your mp3's.

Was it your ISP that sent you the email?

Edited to say: Funny that it was Neon Lights that they asked you remove. That's almost funny.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom