Important announcement to all U2 fans: THIS IS NOT BONO!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Several of us on PLEBA have been struggling with this for 2 and a half years now. I wish I could get this out to everyone so the mistake will not ever happen again. Every time it comes up, we explain it again, but it ALWAYS comes up again, always somebody else has the damn thing, and it happens again: :banghead:

Remember I mentioned this back in the story with the fake hat flying story and the pics of the fake Bono and Ali with the stroller.

THIS IS NOT BONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

33%3A567%3A323232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D7%3B9%3D969%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3C%3B6%3A387%3Bot1lsi

:tsk: Nope, not him.

Here's the story behind it:

Back in 2001, InStyle magazine mislabeled this as being Bono. After that, girls saved the pic and it has wormed its way into the U2 internet community on several homemade sites incorrectly labeled as Bono, where still other fans find it and carry it on. But it's not him! Who is it then? It's Patrick Stewart of Star Trek the Next Generation fame. We did extensive research on this on PLEBA and found this to be the case. To me the biggest giveaway is the ears, which aren't even pierced. They are also the wrong shape. Compare to Bono's ear:

bonoprofile.jpg

also compare the chin shape:

abpurple.jpg

Besides the fact that Bono was at a different Halloween party with Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale that same night, dressed as a vampire. I have never seen pics but I have read the reports.

So please everyone, let this go on record officially and please don't let this happen again. And aren't you really glad he didn't don this getup? ;)

Attention Mods:

Please do not move this to PLEBA! This needs to be seen by as many fans as possible. We already know on PLEBA plus I have mentioned it there today too. Thanks.

Yeah no chin scar that's the other big giveaway:yes:

Patrick Stewart

bh31xmanint2.jpg
33%3A567%3A323232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D7%3B9%3D969%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3C%3B6%3A387%3Bot1lsi

Um, I think it's plainly OBVIOUS that it's not Bono. I don't know that it's as big a deal as it seems to be in the heat of debate, though.

Well, it's because it was listed in a magazine as Bono, and people keep putting it on their websites claiming it is Bono. Some of us are annoyed by this and want to clear it up once and for all. Though it may be obvious to some, there are still diehard Bono lovers who are convinced this is Bono and will fight you over it until you point out all the details. It's happened a lot. The reason I started this thread is because today there is a post by a new girl on PLEBA who put this pic up among 'funny' Bono pics she was putting on her website and I wanted to tell her it wasn't him, and then I thought this might be a good time to just tell everybody so more people will know in the future.:)

Last edited:
Angela Harlem said:
I rate this 5 stars for the mere mention of Mr Rossdale
:drool:

Imagine Bono and Rossdale dressed as vampires at that party they went to :combust:

Last edited:
thought it was only the woman who have a problem with it! lol if its patrick stewart, did he stick his head in the exhaust of the Enterprise?....someone is going to point out to me the Enterprise does not have a exhaust.....:)

The ears are in darker lighting in the Halloween pic. Match the nose and those two heavy lines in the face. But even if it weren't Stewart, it's still not Bono.:tsk:

Last edited:
zoney! said:
I'm the heat miser!

:laugh:

He's mister heat blister, he's mister 101! Whatever I touch, starts to melt in my clutch! :dance:

That was my favorite Christmas show when I was a kid:)

Note to self: keep pic threads in PLEBA keep pic threads in PLEBA :rolleyes::sigh:

Sure sure you all want a new album! Then there can be a whole new reason to find fault with each other's opinions, comments and threads. Whoopee, I can't wait.

*in bad mood for many reasons*

*sulks*

:grumpy:

Last edited:
theSoulfulMofo said:
naw, man... that's not bono or stewart...

IT"S A VULCAN! :eeklaugh:

:laugh:

All that time in space has destroyed Capt. Picard's judgement! :lol:

No way is that Bono. Bono has freckles all over his shoulders :p

Back
Top Bottom