IMO, POP would be so much better if...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, fully agreed.

but if it had of been called "Last night on Earth" instead of Pop and had the following song list:

1. Gone
2. Last night on Earth
3. Do you feel loved
4. Staring at the Sun
5. If God will send his Angels
6. Mofo
7. Discotheque
8. Velvet Dress
9. Please
10. WUDM

It would have been regarded rightfully (as it almost is) a masterpiece. And if the first single was Gone, well we would all still be missing it about now...

They could have then brought out a POP EP with

Discotheque
Holy Joe
Miami
Mofo

as well.

------------------
In the stillness of the evening
When the sun has had its day
I heard your voice whispering...

I love POP just the way it is! Sure some people don't understand the album because it's kind of heavy and deep, but if you listen to it long enough, you'll get it!

I don't think that track listing would make any difference, to be honest.

Pop rocks

------------------
Watch More TV, ITs your world you can change it, taste is the enemy of art, Every thing you know if wrong, mock the devil, and he will flee from thee
www.geocities.com/nshaikspike/evil.html

Originally posted by Mulholland Drive:
It had included the single versions of IGWSHA and Please.

I actually prefer the POP versions, but I like the LNOE single version better with the heavier guitar at the end. It fades too fast though...I think alot of the POP songs definitely improved live, such as LNOE, Gone & Please.

I still can't handle WUDM as the closer. It leaves me feeling down and i don't like that much especially as it starts out with Discotheque. From a party to a funeral.
Very clever U2, mean, but very clever.

I do prefer the single version of Please, Mulholland but I still think the album version is good and doesn't take anything away from it. In fact, I think it is a better album song. Please the single, does just that, it sounds like a single. The album version flows better within the context of the album, in my opinion.

Originally posted by NShaik:
Pop rocks

that was kinda corny
tongue.gif

but it does.
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom