I'm sitting on a u2 'goldmine' !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boystupidboy

Refugee
I've recently found out that my Boy,October and war cds are quite collectable.All are produced without the barcode on the back cover and are therefore early prints (yes i am that old:( ).War is also printed in west Germany and the 'war' lettering is in pink and not the standard red colour:|
This means that they are valued at approx £100 each due to their age and rarity,not that i would sell them (even War even though its 'crap':wink: )
I never thought cd's were worth that much:|

Not to sound like an unsentimental jerk, but why would you hold onto them? You could sell your collector's items for the cash, and then just get new copies of the albums. You still get all of the great music, plus a few hundred pounds in your pocket.

"even War even though it's crap"
Ya, big U2 fan you are...
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Years Day
Like A Song
Seconds
Drowning Man
Ya, "War" is "crap" alright.
I'd take a second listen if I were you pal.

PopFly said:
Not to sound like an unsentimental jerk, but why would you hold onto them? You could sell your collector's items for the cash, and then just get new copies of the albums. You still get all of the great music, plus a few hundred pounds in your pocket.

i dont have collectable CDs, but i agree. i dont see how a missing barcode can make someone pay 100 pounds more for a CD, but if they really want it and you can make some money then why not.

i mean, you don't even like war anyways :wink:

Harry Vest said:
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Years Day
Like A Song
Seconds
Drowning Man

opinions pal, i would take a second read if i were you

The only U2 CD i own that is even remotely collectible is a Promo CD for ATYCLB from the Sunday Times....i believe i can get £20 for it now:wink: Going to keep it for a few years to see if it increases in value.

Harry Vest said:
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Years Day
Like A Song
Seconds
Drowning Man
Yep i might just take your advice and listen to war again soon.Its been a while since i played it although i do not like NYD or SBS (not the album version anyway)
Its my top tip for today,check to see if you have a barcode on the back and if you dont then its happy days:|
I dont/wouldnt sell cos a) sentimental value (i had these cd's before cds werre invented:wink: ) and b) cos as time goes by they should be worth even more....hopefully:|

Last edited:
LJT said:
The only U2 CD i own that is even remotely collectible is a Promo CD for ATYCLB from the Sunday Times....i believe i can get £20 for it now:wink: Going to keep it for a few years to see if it increases in value.
Yeah i've heard about that freebie...well done and keep hold of it ,it'll deffo increase in value.Behind the Beatles,Elvis and sometimes Madonna:( u2 are the most 'collectable artist so their stuff will always be something:|

boystupidboy said:

Yep i might just take your advice and listen to war again soon.Its been a while since i played it although i do not like NYD or SBS (not the album version anyway)
Its my top tip for today,check to see if you have a barcode on the back and if you dont then its happy days:|
I dont/wouldnt sell cos a) sentimental value (i had these cd's before cds werre invented:wink: ) and b) cos as time goes by they will be worth even more....hopefully:|

Like a song :rockon:

My daughter bought me a copy of How To Dismantle on vinyl for my birthday off ebay. In about 50 years maybe it will be worth something. Seems like a waste of money to me but hey, never look a gift horse in the mouth (or something like that)

one of my mates from work has apparently got a few U2 vinyl's but i don't know anything else about them. i'm gonna ask him if i can buy them off him but i've only got a month left at work before i got to uni so i need to get them quick!

boystupidboy said:

Yeah i've heard about that freebie...well done and keep hold of it ,it'll deffo increase in value.Behind the Beatles,Elvis and sometimes Madonna:( u2 are the most 'collectable artist so their stuff will always be something:|

Not sure i would want to give it up now though...that CD got me into U2...so it does have a kind of sentimental value to it.

BEVERLY56 said:
My daughter bought me a copy of How To Dismantle on vinyl for my birthday off ebay. In about 50 years maybe it will be worth something. Seems like a waste of money to me but hey, never look a gift horse in the mouth (or something like that)

Funny enough, vinyl has a longer usable lifetime than cds. I believe the library of congress in the USA archives vinyl instead of cds for audio.

Back
Top Bottom