I'm on u2.com!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

V Nura

Refugee
From u2.com

'Couldn?t quite play in time, sing in tune or write a song...'

'We?re a band from the north side of the city,' explains the singer of U2, just as he did two decades ago. 'We?re called U2, this is our first single, we hope you like it'

Out of Control begins as Bono introduces... 'on the bass Adam Clayton, on the drums Larry Mullen Jnr, on the guitar Edge'.

'This is our first single and, 17 years old, took a tape of this on a boat and a train from Dublin to London to talk to the record company men, tell them about our band, tell them about how we were gonna take over... just we couldn?t quite play in time, sing in tune or write a song, but we were gonna take over, we were out of control, we were out of control, we were out of control, we were out of control (repeat)?'

'It's coming out on CBS at the end of next week,' adds Bono, lost in the late 1970's.

Stars and Stripes, Canadian and Irish flags perforate the audience tonight and special guests include Daniel Lanois - and family - and Willie Nile. 'Bono-fied rock?n?roll' reads the headline in next morning's Toronto Sun, praising 'arguably the biggest rock band in the world right now'.

'Just want to say hello to the folks,' says Bono, taking a breath after Sunday Bloody Sunday. 'Seeing as it?s our first time in Hamilton, but it?s not of course we?ve been to Hamilton many times but not playing a place like this but visiting good friends here, visiting the Lanois family who are here tonight. We would like to thank you for the loan of your son Daniel without whom, without whom the boast that you made when you were 17 years old would have meant very little, people like Daniel Lanois, Brian Eno and Steve Lillywhite.. 'This is a song about letting go of somebody you don?t want to let go of, I thought I wrote this for my children but I think my father wrote it for me. He passed away Bob Hewson, a month or so ago and I still think of him every day?'

The song ends with a local lyrical flourish, 'When Willie Nile was a friend of mine?for you Willie.'

Word has obviously caught on about the possibilities for auditioning with U2 during the show and tonight one guy catches Bono's eye with his sign reading 'Me + guitar = People Get Ready' 'There?s a man here who wants to play some guitar, you?re not fucking me?' inquires Bono. 'I?m a worse guitar player than you, does that matter?' he replies. Bono: 'Where?s the sign? (holds it up) It pays to advertise.' The fan begins playing and he was evidently right about his modest ability. Bono explains the chords. 'You can do it, you can do it, I believe in you? maybe play the drums as well as keep time and maybe you might take your brother to play the bass too, we can get there, we?re going to get there, ?cos we have faith!'

Edge and Bono walk their new guitarist back to the main stage as Bono sings: 'People get ready, got a new guitar player, picking up chords from I don?t where, faith is the key to keep the pistons running, don?t need no guitar tune to get on board.' 'You know you can be crap at the guitar,' he tells him, 'Just don?t be so tall?'

Then our hero of the night takes the vocal: 'People get ready when you don?t know the lyrics, gotta make up the tune as you go along, this muscular memory you rock stars must have, you don?t need a print out to know what?s going on?'

Much applause as Bono sends him on his way with the judgement, 'One half of a rock star?' and then dedicates Staring At The Sun to him.

Centre stage for Bad, he reaches in to the fans and holds various hands, adding, at the close of the song,'I?m not a stranger in the hands of the maker, I?m not a stranger in the hands of the master? how long to sing this song...'

For Still Haven't Found, the stunning constellation projection makes an appearance, as Bono spots another sign reading, 'Our church'. He adds, 'This feels like a church to me...'

And there is a powerful new feature as One opens, the video screens at the back of the stage, scrolling down the names of people killed on September 11th. The opening verse of Peace on Earth introduces the closing number, Walk On."

They didn't do my lyrics justice..tehy messed them up...but's it's cool to be called " the hero of the night"

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Arun!!!!!!!!

That's so awesome
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I love that hero of the night
smile.gif
You were the hero because lots of fans would have wanted to do what you did but you represented us all and very well
smile.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

"I am a sexy mofo, what can I say?" --What Larry really says to himself when he looks into the mirror every morning

That's one of the coolest things I've read in a while - nice way to think on your feet and make something truly memorable out of the situation, Arun! Congrats!

(I dig Bono's "you can be crap at the guitar, just don't be so tall" line
biggrin.gif
)

This is sooooo awesome Arun!!!! I think you're definitely the Hero of Interference now too!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Member of Larry's Stick Keepers Association. "It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

When you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit, you won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it --- Summer Rain

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Originally posted by clarityat3am:
This is sooooo awesome Arun!!!! I think you're definitely the Hero of Interference now too!
biggrin.gif

Hate to burst any egos, but I didn't even know Arun existed until he posted his story. LOL!

I'm amazed, Arun, that you were so nervous playing the guitar, yet you were able to quickly think on your feet and make up lyrics. Sounds awful suspicious... C'mon, admit it - you can't play guitar at all, right? I knew it - you just wanted to be on stage.
biggrin.gif
You and that DB9 person - just barging your way on stage.

What's next - Sicy giving Bono a lap dance? Larry's Pop Angel massaging Larry's shoulders as he plays? Death Bear allowing Edge to use him to clean off his shoes as Edge walks along the ramp? Doesn't anyone stay in the audience any more????

Originally posted by doctorwho:

Hate to burst any egos, but I didn't even know Arun existed until he posted his story. LOL!

tongue.gif
You need to go to the Interference chat room doc! Get in that TARDIS and chat in real time!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Member of Larry's Stick Keepers Association. "It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

When you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit, you won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it --- Summer Rain

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Doctor Who.....I'll see you at High noon with your stratacaster....we're goign to have a guitar duel. And as for me not existing...well now you know...I run this place ( when elvis is sleeping, don't tell him I said that, he'll beat me).

YO-For Dr.Who9(my bos4 friend) a ,the supermodel and others-

"IT'S ABOUT TRANDSCENDING BOUNDRIES,BREAKING BARRIERS AND CONQUERING GREAT DIVIDES.."
BONO 1987
Rolling Stone interview on radio wJim Ladd and Timothy White

Late-
DB9

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
If curious click
links for
Boston 4 story
and photos..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

What's next Larry's Pop Angel massaging Larry's shoulders as he plays

Thanks, doctorwho-I now have my sign for the Vegas show. hehe
wink.gif

Seriously, I love that they keep that strong connection with the fans. It's what makes them so feckin' awesome!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Proud Owner of Larry's Stick!!!

~*April*~

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

I was at the Hamilton show, and Arun, you were one of the highlights of the night! Holy mother of God, you got to SING with U2. That day, day, day....you, you, you....were the luckiest man, man, man...on the face of the earth, earth, earth.

------------------
"Good men die unhappily. Bad men die unluckily. THAT's tragedy." --Tom Stoppard

"I can't watch a man sing a song. He gets all emotional, he starts swaying...it's embarrassing!" -- Jerry Seinfeld

Oh Jaysus Arun, get over yourself already, will you?!?!

Just kidding!
biggrin.gif
(sort of...
tongue.gif
)

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

So what??
rolleyes.gif
I was on Cops! More than once actually. Beat that, ya punk!
wink.gif

------------------
"If he gets up...we'll all get up...It'll be anarchy!!"

Originally posted by DebbieSG:
LOL, doctorwho!
smile.gif

re the music of U2, it's mission and message---Bono-"IT'S ABOUT TRANSCENDING BOUNDRIES BREAKING BARRIERS AND CONQUERING GREAT DIVIDES"...1987
And if some dont comprehend THAT Bono idea,my suggestion would be to stay home and listen to your RICKY MARTIN records..

And dont no one come here into my boy Arun's thread dissin on him..talking/calling him names are we clear?

Diamond

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
If curious click
links for
Boston 4 story
and photos..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

Yeah i read that.. good work Arun! I of course was a nutty enough fan to recognize your ripped off lyrics at the show.

Definately you were one of the highlights!

And one more thing...I ripped those lyrics off from atime bono forgot the lyrics in boston.

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
re the music of U2, it's mission and message---Bono-"IT'S ABOUT TRANSCENDING BOUNDRIES BREAKING BARRIERS AND CONQUERING GREAT DIVIDES"...1987
And if some dont comprehend THAT Bono idea,my suggestion would be to stay home and listen to your RICKY MARTIN records..

And dont no one come here into my boy Arun's thread dissin on him..talking/calling him names are we clear?

Diamond

Three things:
  1. Bono's "transcending boundaries" comment doesn't say anything about people rushing up on stage and molesting him. Take that you Bono molester, you.
    wink.gif
  2. People actually OWN Ricky Martin albums? Wow... learn something new every day.
  3. Why would anyone diss Arun when it's infinitely more fun to diss you, DB9?
    biggrin.gif
    [/list=a]

Now get back in the audience where you belong!
    smile.gif

And don't worry, DB9 good buddy, while we give you and Arun and others a little teasing, we are all happy for you. As for me, I'm such a ham that if I got up on stage I wouldn't come back down. So it's best not to open that can'o'worms.
    biggrin.gif

------------------
    dwlogo3.jpg

A proud member of the "No BEALs Club."

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 10-20-2001).]

Now get back in the audience where you belong!
smile.gif

And please stay there in Vegas.
wink.gif
(I told you, you had to invite me on the forum......)

------------------
VIVA LAS VEGAS!

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS [No thanks to Propaganda - BLAH!]

Thanks for spending your hard earned cash on a rock show. ~ Bono, Houston, 4-2-01

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:

Diamond

Enough of yer threats, or you'll be gettin a good ol' fashion Irish kickin!

Thinks he's so big, pah!

Back
Top Bottom