I'm Not Your Baby...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
tell me more about this song!

I just discovered the version with vocals (dumbass that I am) and was wondering when exactly it was written/ recorded

hi Calluna... Julie was no hope whatsoever (but she's got an excuse though she's French Canadian)

Sicy I'm disappointed in you
mad.gif

It was recorded live, but I'm not sure if the version seen on the Please single is the one you're talking about.

I know it was a duet with Sinead O'Connor and that it kicks major ass.

Did that help (LOL)? I pretty much stated the obvious.

huh???

does that mean it was recorded during the Pop sessions???

if so, it should have been on the CD... but for some reason I am under the impression it was recorded shortly after Zoo TV

I don't know WHEN it was recorded, but I do know it was on the first version of the 'Please' single. The version on this single was a remix (I just found out), so the original version could have very likely been recorded during Zoo Tv.

I'm Not Your Baby:
Music by U2. Lyrics by Bono. Performed by U2 and Sinead O'Connor. Produced by Howie B. and Flood. Engineered by Mark "Spike" Stent. Assisted by Rob Kirwan. Mixed by Howie B. Assisted by Paul Falcone at the Hit Factory, NY. Vocal Production by Steve Osbourne.

Released in 1997

Haha, love your 'from' Dano!
Well, Sicy pretty much covered it I guess. All I know is that the vocal version was on The End of Violence soundtrack.

doesn't say when it was recorded, Sicy

but you don't answer to me, I'm Not Your Baby...

well I know it was on the soundtrack to the Wim Wenders film "The End of Violence"

-------
Don't want you to cover me
Smother me or mother me
I like to feel this incomplete
I'm not your baby

Hello,

I'm Not Your Baby can be found on the soundtrack of The End Of Violence. It is a film by Wim Wenders (where have I seen this name before?
smile.gif
). Go out and buy the soundtrack as it has lots of great songs on it (Ry Cooder, Tom Waits, Michael Stipe, Roy Orbison, Ryan Adams).
Oh, and IMO that song (I'm Not Your Baby) is maybe the best song U2 released in 1997. And I'm someone who does like Pop!

And to answer your question about time and place; according to the liner notes it was recorded at the Hit Factory, New York. Judging from those liner notes (producers, mixers) it was recorded during or short after the Pop sessions (1996/1997) as Howie B and Flood produced it.

C ya!

Marty

P.S. The movie was strange but nice (kinda like all Wim Wenders' movies)

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom