I'm in Q Magazine with U2!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allegra

Refugee
The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap,
YOU WILL NEVER BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!

Do you know Q Magazine from Britain? Well, they printed my email message in there with the Slane Castle gig. The mag is titled "100 Greatest Gigs Ever!" It's on page 85, and U2 is #13 for the Slane show. They printed my quote and left my name "Allegra." I was at the Tower Records store in Dallas Friday night when I picked up the magazine, thumbed through for U2 of course, and then as I was reading my own words something funny clicked into my brain. I was like..."wait a minute here...this sounds familiar." AND THEN I SAW MY NAME!!! It was like winning the lottery! I remember writing it, but it has been a few months, and I think they took out my part that talked about 9/11 since it doesn't match this particular gig. Anyway, I was freaking out right there in the store! And then I went to go find my husband to show him, and he just had this little grin on his face and shook his head. I think he was in shock too, and probably a little jealous. Then I showed the guy at the check out counter, and I don't think he really believed me even after I showed my ID.

So I am in shock, elated, and embarrassed, especially knowing that U2 might have read it as well. I JUST NEVER THOUGHT IN A MILLION YEARS THEY WOULD REALLY READ IT AND PUT IN THE MAGAZINE!!!

[And yes, Allegra is my real name!]

FYI - Here is what I really sent to Q (I just found it in my computer):

"I think that the U2's Elevation Tour was the most powerful tour because of what it had to endure. We saw the songs change their meaning right before our very eyes, especially right after 9/11/2001. The band experienced life and death on tour, and it came across through their music."

Thanks y'all for the congrats! I'm truely blushing at the moment. I hope I didn't make anybody jealous. I'm sure there are 80,000 people out there in U2 land that could have given a better discription of that night. I was just going by what I had observed from watching Slane on the TV and on the DVD. But they picked my quote instead...who would have known?!

Don't ya just love those little grins?
I don't think anybody would feel jealous Allegra, just pleased it happened:up:
Your words were well-chosen "powerful" "change" "life and death" "music".
"endure":yes:
U2

well done :)

:up:

Maybe I should buy this issue then. :)

*does think the quality of the magazine has degraded a lot over the past few years*

C ya!

Marty

P.S. My comment about the degrading has nothing to do with the note for U2's concert. It's just that nowadays Q seems more interested in flash and current hot acts instead of focussing more on the music.

I would have been so excited if it happened to me! I think you reacted in just the right way Allegra :applaud: It's nothing to be embarrassed about because you summed up the Slane concert so well :)

That is extremely awesome! You're definitely the lucky one!

Back
Top Bottom