I'm going to Dublin next week...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POP-ROMANCER

War Child
and I want to visit some u2 'spots'.

So, does someone know where I can find the u2 hotel, the studios, the pub where they played their first gig, the street where the video for 'The Sweetest thing' was shot?

Have you got any more ideas?

:up: Thanks!

how excitttingg!! ^_____^
i'm sorry i don't know any of the information, but i just wanted to wish you a safe and happy and exciting trip! bring back lots of stories for us! =)

The Dublin Guide is great.....I've not been there (YET) but I have seen the guide. I also have a very good book about U2 and Dublin.....it is a guide to all the U2 sites, I think it's called Under a Blue U2 Dublin Sky", but it is like a pocket sized book and PACKED full of excellent info.....unfortunately the book is at home, so if I remember when I get home I will check the publisher for you.

What a wonderful New Year trip tho! I'd love to go along but my Dublin trip won't be for another year or so.

I never see any U2 sights when I go, lol, I'm usually just out with my mates! I'm in Scotland though so it's cheap and easy for me to go! Me and my mate are gonna do a proper U2 tour when we go together though.

Can you imagine living in the old Larry's house? Because there are current residents on it.

"I live in the place where U2 first met and rehearsed" :drool:

Take the Dart from Tara Street station to Killiney station, take a right when you come out and walk up The Vico road to Dalkey, you'll see a lovely beach (Killiney bay) as you walk over a bridge spanning a road, that forks off from the main road leading to the beach(think Kite!). You'll come to a mansion with huge gates that certain fans of a certain rock band have written messages and lyrics on. Take a few pictures but continue walking on to Dalkey.

It's a lovely walk with lots of beautiful houses, although in winter it might be cold coz of the wind coming off the Irish sea. Once you get to Dalkey have a meal/drink at one of the many local pubs, you'll probably be in need of it by that time! And then take the Dart back into Dublin. It'll make for a lovely half day trip. I wish I was coming with you but maybe next summer...!!:wink::heart: :bono: :heart:

Last edited:
I also went on those Duck tour things and when you go into the Grand Canal, they pass by Hanover Quay. I think. I went three years ago when I was eleven, and all I remember was them saying "And there's U2's recording studio!" I just about fell out of the boat.:wink: So I'm sorry if I'm wrong.

Where's the new one gonna be? I had no idea Hanover was gonna be demolished.....this is like the only "historical" U2 stuff I saw in Dublin and is always the first thing I think of when I think of Ireland.....:sad:

Yeah they had to demolish it for dockside redevelopment. They held a competition to see who could design the best new one, and the winning entry was a tower - which will be the band's replacement studio when it's built.

Last edited:
I'm going to Ireland for St. Pat's week - going to Galway area first and then will spend St. Pat's weekend in Dublin on a "neverending" pub crawl until I leave :D

Be sure to go to The Clarence! It's along the river...you can't miss it! If you see an older doorman named Jim tell him his crazy American buddy Rebekah misses him--I was outside slurring my words and smoking cigarettes after a few too many inside The Octogan Bar with him! Sweet man, put up with my wonderment at being at Bono's bar. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom