I'm furious!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
let them think what they think...ignorance is bliss...

u2 being such a huge band will automatically spawn those who hate them just because they can...and they find reasons to hate them more...

it's not going to do any good trying to convince them otherwise...not worth fretting over...

although it does still piss me off :mad:

read...they sounded rather...dumb...i mean dumb in the sense that they didn't sound intellegent, not just cos i don't agree with them.

just look at the name of the site for proof =/

:ohmy: wow.

that just made me appreciate being a part of such a polite, respectful, and less profane group such as interference even more.

we rock :up:

I glanced at that site....

I really have nothing to say about it....(well nothing that would be constructive).

:shrug: Everyone has an opinion

But YAY for interference!!!!!! The place where people have no use for crude four letter words to express an opinion.

I looked at it. That's the most hilarious forum name ever. But those are some of my favourite people there...Bono, Meera Syal, Alan Shearer, ROWAN ATKINSON, Brian Molko...ok, maybe not Brian Molko...

Last edited:
You know that's the first thing I thought, everybody's gonna just go 'oh well everybody has an opinion' that's why I put "I know everybody has an opinion BUT" in my first post. Come on ppl, I've seen a lot of U2 bashing, but did you see the ones who said Bono should DIE? Be KILLED? Have his EYES poked out? Don't you think these ppl went too far? This really upset me.

I think if it upsets you this much, you probably shouldn't visit that board.

It would be a waste of time and energy to try to reason with people like that. People who use crude words and violent "threats" like that are nothing but cowards. They have replaced thoughtful debate and logic with childish mudslinging and obsene language.

I don't get what it is you are looking for....do you really think that a bunch of us going in there and trying to have a civil discussion with them is going to change their minds? If anything, it would just be more fuel for their anger.

yertle-the-turtle said:
I looked at it. That's the most hilarious forum name ever. But those are some of my favourite people there...Bono, Meera Syal, Alan Shearer,

Where do people come up with these ideas?.....Bono....we all know what we think of the comments about him.

(Alan Shearer...hey I like Newcastle......nevermind I'm not gonna glorify that board by visiting it!!!)

well comments like that are so ridiculous you can't take them seriously. so it's better not to give it even a second thought. you'll live a lot longer if you don't worry about stupid crap like that.

:shifty:

Terry Butcher, the former England great, was commentating for BBC Radio Five Live at the England-Turkey Euro 2004 Qualifier at Sunderland's Stadium Of Light last week. Several hundred England fans were acting loutish, shouting abuse and being general hooligans. Butcher, finally, got fed up, and he went up to these 100 fans or so (at least, that's what the paper report said) and he told them, "Hey, if you're so hard, then you go and sign up and fight for your country." And slowly, these "fans" began to slip away quietly into the night.

Applies here. It's easy to act tough behind a computer screen.

OK, I told myself I was NOT going to read those comments, but I went ahead and did it anyway. :madspit: :censored: Stupid bastards. Let THEM try writing songs or singing as well as Bono does, not to mention convincing politicians to do something about the problems in the Third World.

OK, I feel better now.

Really, there isn't much you can do with people like this. Nothing you say is going to change their minds. You're probably better off just getting out of there if you come across stuff like that on the Internet. It will keep your blood pressure down.

Now if I could somehow manage to follow my own advice...

Eek...I think it would be best for my sanity if I just didn't even click on that link, so I won't.

Some random girl I was talking to today said she didn't like U2 and I went through the roof!

BrittanyNova said:
You know that's the first thing I thought, everybody's gonna just go 'oh well everybody has an opinion' that's why I put "I know everybody has an opinion BUT" in my first post. Come on ppl, I've seen a lot of U2 bashing, but did you see the ones who said Bono should DIE? Be KILLED? Have his EYES poked out? Don't you think these ppl went too far? This really upset me.

It makes me want to cry that people would even SAY such terrible things. That's why I'd just rather not hear it at all.

wertsie said:
It makes me want to cry that people would even SAY such terrible things. That's why I'd just rather not hear it at all.

Exactly.

I mean, I have no problem with people not being fans of U2's music, or just not being a fan of the guys themselves. If they have legitimate reasons for why, that's fine, that's their opinion, whatever. I can deal with that.

But when they start making comments about killing them or something, then it's just lame. Maybe they don't like U2 and wish they would die, but there are people out there that do love U2 and...it's just...geez, have some common sense.

I mean, obviously those idiots are gonna say what they will anyway, not like I'm gonna stop them...but I hope they realize how pathetic they sound. If this is some attempt to look cool, they've failed miserably.

So let them speak and look like the fools that they are.

So long as they don't actually act on some of the things they talk about...that's all I'm concerned about.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

Exactly.

I mean, I have no problem with people not being fans of U2's music, or just not being a fan of the guys themselves. If they have legitimate reasons for why, that's fine, that's their opinion, whatever. I can deal with that.

But when they start making comments about killing them or something, then it's just lame. Maybe they don't like U2 and wish they would die, but there are people out there that do love U2 and...it's just...geez, have some common sense.

I mean, obviously those idiots are gonna say what they will anyway, not like I'm gonna stop them...but I hope they realize how pathetic they sound. If this is some attempt to look cool, they've failed miserably.

So let them speak and look like the fools that they are.

So long as they don't actually act on some of the things they talk about...that's all I'm concerned about.

Angela

Yeah. I'm sure that it's just a lot of stupid, ignorant talk. Talk that I'd just as soon not know is going on!

Back
Top Bottom