I'm Disappointed In Everything U2 Has Ever Done

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it is true that all the albums do grow on you after you listen to them for a while :huh:

what a bomb! said:
ARSE! FECK! DRINK! GIRLS!

:applaud:

jack.gif

Reggie Thee Dog said:
What I find appalling in this forum now is how so many just put their opinion down as fact. It's all subjective people. What I like and you don't doesn't mean I'm right and your wrong or the other way around. Too many people come on this board and get all up in arms about how they feel about this album. It's nice to get your feelings off your chests, but remember this is a FAN site, and if you post a negative thread there will be a lot of other fans who will fight you tooth and nail here.

I don't appreciate the posters who come here and call those who love this album "sheep" or "blind followers" that is disrespectful and inflammatory. If you do post in such a manner, don't be surprised when other users hammer you for your opinion. My guess (it's only a guess) is that most of the negative posters are fans who came around during the AB/Zooropa/Pop era. That makes you long time fans, but that is not the "definitive" U2 era. There is no "definitive" era. All eras of U2 mean something different to each listener.

While I've been a fan since the early 80's I have enjoyed each era that U2 has taken me through. I rank AB as my favorite U2 album (what a punch in the mouth at the time), but Zooropa and Pop left me a little. I'll be honest I like a classic guitar sound, and the new album gives me that and more. But I love parts of Zooropa and Pop as much as I love songs from UF/JT and AB.

Too each his own. I have no problem if some or a lot of people don't like this album, I am enjoying it without shame.

Believe me, I feel your pain. Been following U2 since Boy, but only joined this website recently because I've found most fan sites for bands either ridiculously stupid or filled with so much infighting that it makes me want to vomit. For the most part, this site seems populated with fairly cool people, and some have opinions that I actually look forward to hearing. The one thing that stuns me though, is the pre Achtung Baby negativity, almost as if U2 didn't exist until the first notes of Zoo Station started playing.

The height of this came earlier tonight when I was eating dinner and reading a thread at the same time and I nearly died from choking on my food. Why? One...fool, I guess is the kindest way for me to describe this person, when rating U2 albums, posted that "everyone knows that Boy, October and War suck, so I'll only rate U2 albums from UF on." Okay, I can see where some don't get Boy and October, but War ?!? Yeah, it only spawned SBS and NYD and we never, ever hear those performed live anymore because they suck so badly (sarcasm).

Personally, I love Boy. It's one of my favorite recordings of all-time because it was such a refreshing sound from what else was out at the time, and parts of October are stunning, and War is, well War is simply one of U2's greatest recordings. It might be overall their hardest pure rock recording. It also came out in 1983, coming up on 22 years ago. As much as I love AB, I have to ask how many of the songs from AB will still be played live in concert in 2013 when AB is 22 years old. I would also tend to guess that NYD and SBS will still be played live in 2013 and War will be 30 years old by then.

I've personally loved watching one of my favorite bands ever evolve over these two and a half decades, and I guess there will always in any band be those fans who blatantly disregard a bands past because they caught on only after or during a certain era but it's sometimes hard for me to understand how someone who touts a groups genius now, can't hear the genius in recordings from the past.

Mark,

I think I promised to burn you some U2 concerts ... but I never did. Uh ... sorry about that. Unless I'm confusing you with the dozen other people I made boot promises to. Lesson #1: Never promise to burn bootlegs for a dozen people from all over the world, it gets awfully confusing if you don't keep notes!

Which is frustrating considering I can remember your name from Wire all those years ago, yet I can't remember to post bootlegs! My memory works in mysterious ways.

And Microserfs is a damn funny book, you'll love it. I hope it inspires you to write your own, Mark. As a writer myself, I know how easy it is to get deliberately distracted by other things in life and neglect your book ideas.

Rick, from Melbourne Australia.

P.S. To Jick; are you a Bon Jovi fan? :wink:

P.P.S. No reason for the post subject smiley, it just makes me laugh.

I'm sure as hell disappointed with everything i've done, oh wait i'm not, oh well

This thread is depressing.

Let's listen to the Pop Muzik Popmart intro instead. . . .

Pop pop pop pop pop pop pop muzik

(feels much better)

I'm just surprised this thread keeps going. It was a funny post but I don't knnow if it deserves deification as some people are saying.

-Miggy D

It does, just follow the crowd, go with the flow, this thread is the sign forewarning a system crash or something, other signs will be sent.

I'm already disappointed in all of their future albums, too. :mad:

Songs like <insert name> and <insert name> from the pile of crap that is <insert name> are totally worthless and the <insert name> tour wasn't a patch on their previous efforts either.

Saracene said:

Songs like <insert name> and <insert name> from the pile of crap that is <insert name> are totally worthless and the <insert name> tour wasn't a patch on their previous efforts either.

Wiser words have never been spoke

Saracene said:

brilliance.

Make an ammendment to that first post and add production into it....apparently the new CD is badly produced according to some here....*throws hands in the air*

Saracene said:

maybe, but what about <insert name> and the pure quality of Edge's solo on <insert name>. the highlight of the <insert name> tour had to be the gig at <insert name>, unfortunately i didn't go but the DVD is awesome! i have an exclusive.....<insert name> is the next single!! you heard it from me first!

ewen said:

maybe, but what about <insert name> and the pure quality of Edge's solo on <insert name>. the highlight of the <insert name> tour had to be the gig at <insert name>, unfortunately i didn't go but the DVD is awesome! i have an exclusive.....<insert name> is the next single!! you heard it from me first!

One of the points of this thread is that all of this is totally subjective, and it is DIFFERENT for EVERYBODY, AND that it is even different for the SAME PERSON at different times of their lives.

Aardvark747 said:
Why is this thread not at the top of the page!!??
BUMP BUMP BUMP!:wink:

My question is, why isn't this thread dead yet? Because we keep doing this! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom