I'm Disappointed In Everything U2 Has Ever Done

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aardvark747 said:

Isnt it just!

Let's get it to 1000 replies!

(is that even possible?):eyebrow:

I think the maximum permitted length is 500 and then a new thread is made.

ok as I am around Bono's age, I was around when they made their first release, at that time, and it was an exciting and good time where music was concerned with groups like the Clash the police blondie the Jam boomtown rats and so much to choose from we were spoilt with choice there was so much energy and orginality... one by one these groups split up and disappeared, I have watched the charts from the mid eighties been taken over by boy bands girl bands real music pushed aside for second rate cover versions of old songs

the only thing that keeps my faith in music is that U2 are still there going strong, still delivering good music and standing out, and I am going to appreciate every little morsel they release because I Love good music and they know how to make music and they have never let me down which is pretty amazing that it even surprises me at times

and even if I don't love every single song they have ever made I admire the fact that they can still do it far better than most of the other so called muscians and artists around today, because when they are gone they will be irreplaceable, and something special will be gone and lost, when all you are left with in the charts is bland covers of 80's and 70's songs which make me switch of my radio in disgust... if nothing else U2 are original with their own sound that still fresh after 30 years.. something so very rare these days, and for that I will always be grateful to U2 and defend them

Y'all are right on target. U2 is a bunch of aging geezers trying to stay young by putting out crap music. Bono said they'd stop after their 2nd crap album, so why didn't they stop over 20 years ago? They would have spared us the agony of the last 20 years and those god-awful iPod commercials. SELL OUTS!!

U2democrat said:
Y'all are right on target. U2 is a bunch of aging geezers trying to stay young by putting out crap music. Bono said they'd stop after their 2nd crap album, so why didn't they stop over 20 years ago? They would have spared us the agony of the last 20 years and those god-awful iPod commercials. SELL OUTS!!

:lol:

annj said:
ok as I am around Bono's age, I was around when they made their first release, at that time, and it was an exciting and good time where music was concerned with groups like the Clash the police blondie the Jam boomtown rats and so much to choose from we were spoilt with choice there was so much energy and orginality... one by one these groups split up and disappeared, I have watched the charts from the mid eighties been taken over by boy bands girl bands real music pushed aside for second rate cover versions of old songs

Yep, I'm U2's member's age, also. I cannot stand the constant poor cover versions of older songs (which many kids today THINK are new songs -- I know them all from when I was younger, so it really bugs me), and the blatent sampling of older music. Very few artists have ANY originality these days. You see the same situation in the movie industry. Everyone trying to take the easy route.

People are getting lazier and lazier, and society is rewarding these lazy "artists". I find it disgusting.

I don´t swallow this crappy post :no:
He/she´s only laughing about fans who don´t like this "bomb", why ? :ohmy:

A fan doesn´t mean you must eat every U2 shit:(
I love U2, but I hate ATYCLB and I don´t like this new album, as well I love Led Zeppelin and I don´t like In Trough the out door, I love Radiohead and I don´t like Pablo Honey, etc, etc, etc

Please don´t try to appear as a very smart and cool guy just because you pretend to love every single U2 song, every single album, DVD, etc and respect fans who don´t like some U2 stuff first !!!!!!!!!

peace :heart:

ponkine said:

I love U2, but I hate ATYCLB and I don´t like this new album, as well I love Led Zeppelin and I don´t like In Trough the out door, I love Radiohead and I don´t like Pablo Honey, etc, etc, etc

Please don´t try to appear as a very smart and cool guy just because you pretend to love every single U2 song, every single album, DVD, etc and respect fans who don´t like some U2 stuff first !!!!!!!!!

Not sure where you read that I love everything U2...that's quite untrue.

I love you, though :heart:

Have a nice day. :)

oh yeah what a crap album this is, must be crap if its a big seller. That is selling out man it is a crime to thank the fans that put food on your table....no band should have any fans at all thats the way it should be....music made for the masses is shit. I would rather listen to Thom Yorke squeeling and farting on the toilet rather then this shit....They named the album right what a bomb!

SUMWUN FINELEY AGREES WIT ME!!111!! I HAIT U2!!11!! I HAIT DA NEW ALBUM!!11!! DA NEW ALBUM MAKES ME PUKE!1!!! OMG!!! OMG!1!! DIS ALBUM IS A BOM!!1!! OMG I HAIT DIS BAND!!! WHAT IF I HAIT DA NEXT ALBIM TOO!!!!11!111!1!

Where is the love?

Ok, let's not let this thread deteriorate into another one of these slugfests. I was trying to put an end to the negative posts (not that I really expected it to end).

Some people are just not going to get the point of my original message. They'll miss it entirely. So be it. Thankfully, most people do.

I guess, it took you all 24 years to write the post that's why it's so magnificent :) Appreciations, right in the middle...

Eh, for a minute i thought this was going to be by Jick but as i see it is one of the single greatest posts ever:wink:

FullonEdge2 said:
SUMWUN FINELEY AGREES WIT ME!!111!! I HAIT U2!!11!! I HAIT DA NEW ALBUM!!11!! DA NEW ALBUM MAKES ME PUKE!1!!! OMG!!! OMG!1!! DIS ALBUM IS A BOM!!1!! OMG I HAIT DIS BAND!!! WHAT IF I HAIT DA NEXT ALBIM TOO!!!!11!111!1!
Buwahahahaaa.. great post, great thread, great album.

ponkine said:

While I agree that a fan is not required to love everything an artist produces, I disagree that the original post was geared towards "Bomb" haters. Furthermore, I feel your statement was a bit contentious - after all, aren't you indirectly attacking those who feel HTDAAB is very good?

The original post was mocking the many, MANY fans throughout the years that have griped about everything possible. As a long time fan, I have heard this griping. JT was a "sell out". R&H was too dark. AB was a "sell out". "Zooropa" was too experimental. "Pop" sucked. ATYCLB was too mellow. The list goes on and on.

And, as others have pointed out, the bitching has already started for the upcoming tour. Fans are now complaining about possible corporate sponsors. Soon, we'll have fans complain about the lack of shows in their area, the ticket prices, the seating, songs performed, etc. It's a no-win situation for U2.

U2 fans may be very loyal, but they whine a ridiculous amount as well. Admittedly, sometimes I fall victim to this - but it strikes me as odd that when I dare to defend a U2 decision, I'm then labeled a coroporate monkey. So even amongst fellow U2 fans, it's a no-win situation.

Hence why the first post was funny - it's very true. And the fact that you're bitching about it just proves its validity. :yes:

the problem is u2 fans in general are spoiled, a band that takes decent care of its fans is pretty accessible and produces consistent good music. With u2's size comes great microscope of their music...I hink that they arein the 4th leg of their career (BOY< OCT, War,) ( UF JT RH) (AB, ZOO,POP)( ATYCLB, HTDAAB,....)
If you look at this back catalogue of songs it is the greatest compilation of songs by just about any band.

I think that People set the bar so high that no matter what they are dissapointed....it's a u2 cd by u2..that' good enough for me at this point..it's not a terrible cd...it's good...what's the problem?

Very funny thread; thanks, I needed a laugh. It's very clear some people are disappointed with the new album and even more dismayed with ATYCLB. I could be wrong here but when did U2 become this hard core rock band and then switched to pop rock?
I think the problem here is people expected a rocking album after POP instead we got a ballad album and now a new ballad album.

U2 has the capability to sound like anything they want but they choose to sound like U2. If my mind serves me correct, U2 has the tendency to put out more ballad rock than all-out rocking tunes. Mark's point is well taken, imagine if U2 had taken another route after Boy, with Dick in tow, maybe we would've had the real guitar driven rock band a lot of people are wishing for...who knows. Maybe because Dick left we have what we have....U2, and I like what we have. :bono: :edge: :adam: :larry: :happy:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom