I'm Disappointed In Everything U2 Has Ever Done - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2004, 09:31 AM   #76
War Child

Local Time: 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ponkine
I don´t swallow this crappy post
He/she´s only laughing about fans who don´t like this "bomb", why ?

A fan doesn´t mean you must eat every U2 shit
I love U2, but I hate ATYCLB and I don´t like this new album, as well I love Led Zeppelin and I don´t like In Trough the out door, I love Radiohead and I don´t like Pablo Honey, etc, etc, etc

Please don´t try to appear as a very smart and cool guy just because you pretend to love every single U2 song, every single album, DVD, etc and respect fans who don´t like some U2 stuff first !!!!!!!!!

peace
Not sure where you read that I love everything U2...that's quite untrue.

I love you, though

Have a nice day.

"My feeling is that it is cool for people to share our music -- as long as no one is making money from the process. We tell people who come to our concerts that they can tape the shows if they want. I think it is cool that people are so passionate about our music" -- Bono
The continuous search for purpose...
Old 11-30-2004, 10:05 AM   #77
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:09 AM
oh yeah what a crap album this is, must be crap if its a big seller. That is selling out man it is a crime to thank the fans that put food on your table....no band should have any fans at all thats the way it should be....music made for the masses is shit. I would rather listen to Thom Yorke squeeling and farting on the toilet rather then this shit....They named the album right what a bomb!

Old 11-30-2004, 10:19 AM   #78
Refugee

SUMWUN FINELEY AGREES WIT ME!!111!! I HAIT U2!!11!! I HAIT DA NEW ALBUM!!11!! DA NEW ALBUM MAKES ME PUKE!1!!! OMG!!! OMG!1!! DIS ALBUM IS A BOM!!1!! OMG I HAIT DIS BAND!!! WHAT IF I HAIT DA NEXT ALBIM TOO!!!!11!111!1!
Old 11-30-2004, 10:20 AM   #79
War Child

Where is the love?

Ok, let's not let this thread deteriorate into another one of these slugfests. I was trying to put an end to the negative posts (not that I really expected it to end).

Some people are just not going to get the point of my original message. They'll miss it entirely. So be it. Thankfully, most people do.
"My feeling is that it is cool for people to share our music -- as long as no one is making money from the process. We tell people who come to our concerts that they can tape the shows if they want. I think it is cool that people are so passionate about our music" -- Bono
The continuous search for purpose...
Old 11-30-2004, 10:34 AM   #80
Refugee

Local Time: 02:09 AM
Very Funny thread Freedman!

I bet you didn't expect to get so big of a reaction.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:37 AM   #81
War Child

Local Time: 05:09 AM
Good job, Mark!
Old 11-30-2004, 10:41 AM   #82
The Fly

Local Time: 05:09 AM
Nice one, Mark. And well said. And it's about time someone said it.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:55 AM   #83
Babyface

Local Time: 10:09 AM
I guess, it took you all 24 years to write the post that's why it's so magnificent Appreciations, right in the middle...
Old 11-30-2004, 11:05 AM   #84
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Eh, for a minute i thought this was going to be by Jick but as i see it is one of the single greatest posts ever
Old 11-30-2004, 11:10 AM   #85
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by FullonEdge2
SUMWUN FINELEY AGREES WIT ME!!111!! I HAIT U2!!11!! I HAIT DA NEW ALBUM!!11!! DA NEW ALBUM MAKES ME PUKE!1!!! OMG!!! OMG!1!! DIS ALBUM IS A BOM!!1!! OMG I HAIT DIS BAND!!! WHAT IF I HAIT DA NEXT ALBIM TOO!!!!11!111!1!
Buwahahahaaa.. great post, great thread, great album.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:28 AM   #86
ONE
love, blood, life

Great post!
Old 11-30-2004, 11:43 AM   #87
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ponkine
I don´t swallow this crappy post
He/she´s only laughing about fans who don´t like this "bomb", why ?

A fan doesn´t mean you must eat every U2 shit
I love U2, but I hate ATYCLB and I don´t like this new album, as well I love Led Zeppelin and I don´t like In Trough the out door, I love Radiohead and I don´t like Pablo Honey, etc, etc, etc

Please don´t try to appear as a very smart and cool guy just because you pretend to love every single U2 song, every single album, DVD, etc and respect fans who don´t like some U2 stuff first !!!!!!!!!

peace
While I agree that a fan is not required to love everything an artist produces, I disagree that the original post was geared towards "Bomb" haters. Furthermore, I feel your statement was a bit contentious - after all, aren't you indirectly attacking those who feel HTDAAB is very good?

The original post was mocking the many, MANY fans throughout the years that have griped about everything possible. As a long time fan, I have heard this griping. JT was a "sell out". R&H was too dark. AB was a "sell out". "Zooropa" was too experimental. "Pop" sucked. ATYCLB was too mellow. The list goes on and on.

And, as others have pointed out, the bitching has already started for the upcoming tour. Fans are now complaining about possible corporate sponsors. Soon, we'll have fans complain about the lack of shows in their area, the ticket prices, the seating, songs performed, etc. It's a no-win situation for U2.

U2 fans may be very loyal, but they whine a ridiculous amount as well. Admittedly, sometimes I fall victim to this - but it strikes me as odd that when I dare to defend a U2 decision, I'm then labeled a coroporate monkey. So even amongst fellow U2 fans, it's a no-win situation.

Hence why the first post was funny - it's very true. And the fact that you're bitching about it just proves its validity.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:44 AM   #88
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

great post, mark!!
Old 11-30-2004, 11:57 AM   #89
Refugee

the problem is u2 fans in general are spoiled, a band that takes decent care of its fans is pretty accessible and produces consistent good music. With u2's size comes great microscope of their music...I hink that they arein the 4th leg of their career (BOY< OCT, War,) ( UF JT RH) (AB, ZOO,POP)( ATYCLB, HTDAAB,....)
If you look at this back catalogue of songs it is the greatest compilation of songs by just about any band.

I think that People set the bar so high that no matter what they are dissapointed....it's a u2 cd by u2..that' good enough for me at this point..it's not a terrible cd...it's good...what's the problem?
Old 11-30-2004, 12:12 PM   #90
The Fly

Very funny thread; thanks, I needed a laugh. It's very clear some people are disappointed with the new album and even more dismayed with ATYCLB. I could be wrong here but when did U2 become this hard core rock band and then switched to pop rock?
I think the problem here is people expected a rocking album after POP instead we got a ballad album and now a new ballad album.

U2 has the capability to sound like anything they want but they choose to sound like U2. If my mind serves me correct, U2 has the tendency to put out more ballad rock than all-out rocking tunes. Mark's point is well taken, imagine if U2 had taken another route after Boy, with Dick in tow, maybe we would've had the real guitar driven rock band a lot of people are wishing for...who knows. Maybe because Dick left we have what we have....U2, and I like what we have.