I'm back on 'The bomb'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HTDAAB is one of my favorite U2 albums, right next to The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby.
I don't hear very often that it is their best, but I hear regularly that it is one of their best.

I've just realised time flies, I've been here for a good bit now where did all my posts coe from during the day I should be working instead of sitting on the PC in my classroom on interference, I get home I'm on interference THE BOMB is months old, holy crap:|

U2DMfan said:
Find me someone who agrees that HTDAAB is U2's best album, that isn't some die hard fan posting on Interference.com.

Find me one reputable critic who thinks HTDAAB is their best album.

I have seen 2 or 3 magazine reviews saying HTDAAB is their best, they might be in the HTDAAB reviews thread on the top in this forum.

Last edited:
U2girl said:

I have seen 2 or 3 magazine reviews saying HTDAAB is their best, they might be in the HTDAAB reviews thread on the top in this forum.
There are many reviews on that thread so I'll have to take your word on it :wink: I’m not sure I’d rank it better than the Joshua Tree, but I’d rank it about the same level as Achtung Baby. Thats how much I love this album.

It's a decent album, and I occassionally listen to some of the tracks...I rate it 6th on my list after Achtung Baby.

How would you rate HTDAAB on a scale from 1 to 10?
(1: your least favourite U2-album and 10: best U2-album)

10: Achtung Baby and The Joshua Tree

8: How to dismantle an atomic bomb

1: Pop

The Bomb is a very good album and I really like it.

It doesn't top JT and AB but it's a great album.

At the beginning, my rating was 9 out of 10, now I still think it's 8 or 9.

I like to think of U2s career in 4 distinct stages. Those stages are sets of albums

Boy, October, War (Stage 1)

UF, JT, R &H (Stage 2)

AB, Zooropa, Pop (Stage 3)

ATYCLB, HTDAAB, ? (Stage 4)

I believe the band was doing similar things musically in each of these stages. Right now my favorite would be stage 2 although If there next album is on par with their last two that may change. Also Achtung is my favorite album. But the combination of JT and UF helps put stage two over the top.

What do you think?

I think time is going to be VERY kind to 'Atomic Bomb..when all the baggage people have over this period of U2 is diluted by the passage of time, it will be the songs that matter, and HTDAAB has many great ones, IMO ;)

Adam22 said:
I like to think of U2s career in 4 distinct stages. Those stages are sets of albums

Boy, October, War (Stage 1)

UF, JT, R &H (Stage 2)

AB, Zooropa, Pop (Stage 3)

ATYCLB, HTDAAB, ? (Stage 4)

I believe the band was doing similar things musically in each of these stages. Right now my favorite would be stage 2 although If there next album is on par with their last two that may change. Also Achtung is my favorite album. But the combination of JT and UF helps put stage two over the top.

What do you think?

Wouldn't surprise me if stage 4 has 4, not 3 albums.

hmmm....when i first listenned to HTDAAB I felt sorta torn between my own opinions of the songs and all the hype surrounding them.
people said COBL was the next streets and I was like....um...no....
when I heard it...even though its a fantastic song.
I was sort of disenchanted....but then after a few listens it grew on me...then..soonafter I was listening to the whole CD curled up in the fetal position on my bed crying....
im not even kidding...and then I had to stop listening because the songs were making me feel so much emotion.
.....but now...i can listen to them and love them without feeling like I have to cry...i still do cry sometimes, esp SYCMIOYO.
but its gotten easier...

I know this sounds so lame...but i have no excuse

thanks for listening........; )

(this is like a support group )
hehe

Back
Top Bottom