I'm afraid...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's it! You've convinced me. I'm gonna take my money and buy the new Eminem album instead!

Phew! Good thing I've found this forum, otherwise I would have wasted €20 , not knowing how much this album sucks before it even comes out.

Lurking in all the previous U2 message boards of the past, I have been ridiculed for my bold predictions. But all of my predictions ended up being gospel truth. Here are some of the predictions I made long before these events actually happened that turned out to be prophetic:

-The Downfall Of POP

-The Rise and Rise of ATYCLB

-The Failure of Best Of 1990-2000 to match the sales of The Best of 1980-1990

-The Failure of Electrical Storm and The Hands That Built America to be embraced by mainstream radio

-U2's deep-seated embarrassment over POP (They eventually admitted it was unfinished and went on to remix some songs for the Best Of Collection)

So based on my great track record for prediction, and based on extensive studies and statistical trending on the entire back catalogue of U2's song titles - I can assure you and I will boldly predict that HTDAAB will be a great album admired by all except a handful of extreme leftist POP worshippers (the casual and avid POP lovers will still love HTDAAB), and the album will do well commercially. It will be the second coming of Achtung Baby. So be not afraid!

Cheers,

J

jick said:
Lurking in all the previous U2 message boards of the past, I have been ridiculed for my bold predictions. But all of my predictions ended up being gospel truth. Here are some of the predictions I made long before these events actually happened that turned out to be prophetic:

-The Downfall Of POP

-The Failure of Electrical Storm and The Hands That Built America to be embraced by mainstream radio

-U2's deep-seated embarrassment over POP (They eventually admitted it was unfinished and went on to remix some songs for the Best Of Collection)

So based on my great track record for prediction, and based on extensive studies and statistical trending on the entire back catalogue of U2's song titles - I can assure you and I will boldly predict that HTDAAB will be a great album admired by all except a handful of extreme leftist POP worshippers (the casual and avid POP lovers will still love HTDAAB), and the album will do well commercially. It will be the second coming of Achtung Baby. So be not afraid!

Cheers,

J

Jick, can you tell me who's gonna be elected president in the US?

When are they going to find a cure for cancer?

Will i marry next year?

I forgot, Jick, who's gonna ride your wild horses?

And who's gonna drive you home...tonight?

jick said:

-The Downfall Of POP

Cheers,

J

What about predictions that didn't come true? Your track record has to include both, Jick. Come on now, be fair.

not to mention, ALL of those predictions were blindingly obvious to any casual U2 fan. Only saying Pop would be a failure could be categorized as going on a limb, and I'd disagree that it was a failure. By any generally accepted measurement of sales, Pop was another large success for the band.

teebee said:
By any generally accepted measurement of sales, Pop was another large success for the band.

Indeed. A success both commercially and artistically speaking.

U2_Guy said:
I forgot, Jick, who's gonna ride your wild horses?

And who's gonna drive you home...tonight?

This post just reminded me of Benjamin Orr. God rest his soul.

Cheers,

J

U2_Guy said:

Jick, can you tell me who's gonna be elected president in the US?

When are they going to find a cure for cancer?

Will i marry next year?

Sorry, I am not American and have no copy of campaign speech word-trending and length statistics to make a prediction. Besides, there are TV surveys for that.

Same thing for the cure for cancer and you're possible marriage. I don't have enough statistical data.

I'd rather keep my predictions U2-related only.

Cheers,

J

ADecentMelody said:

What about predictions that didn't come true? Your track record has to include both, Jick. Come on now, be fair.

I can't remember any of my predictions that didn't come true. But perhaps I did make some wrong predictions. Just please point me in the right direction and refresh my memory. Thanks.

Cheers,

J

FullonEdge2 said:

I hait da video. omg, what if I hait da album too!!!

da song titles suck too. and the lyrics suck. I mean how can you call dis good?: "intellectual tortoise" "the heart that hurts is a heart that beats" i hait da lyrics!!1 what if I hait da album too?!1! OMG! the cd picture sux!! Edge is asleep! dat picture really sux!! Omg..What if I hait da album too!!

:laugh: liek ogm like totalie!11 lek wtf were dey thinkn wit dat covr?//' leik dat piciz so dum lol!!111b they luk bord lol!!111and t3h red striepz r stoopd liek u2 iz tryn 2b punk or somthin cuz liek tred steipes r totallyi pnk lol!!1./ dah song titelz r dum 2 i men yaweh wtf doz dat meen????/ lol this ablum wil like totly sux bc the pic sux and ther song naems r reely dum!!1111
[/sarcasm]

Jick, you rock. Seriously. You've somehow gone from being one of my least favourite people on this board to one of my favourite. I must finally be growing up ;)

U2 fans can really be assholes and in way too much denial.

First they're talking about being afraid of the quality of the album. They're not saying IT DOES SUCK. They are saying they are AFRAID IT MIGHT SUCK.

They're probably basing this on their disappointment over the past few albums. That's totally subjective and they're entitled to that opinion.

I'm of the same theory right now. ATYCLB was OK at best for me. Some good songs and they were better live but it just didn't catch for me. They keep talking about creating a guitar driven rock album but lately their stuff just seems a little ..I dunno..."light" for me. It just doesn't punch me the way the old stuff does. And from what I HAVE heard of the new album it seems to be the same way.

It's a total valid concern and people shouldn't jump down someone's throat for voicing it.

And also people need to quit bringing sales figures into this...it has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Achtung Ya'll said:
U2 fans can really be assholes and in way too much denial.

I'm of the same theory right now. ATYCLB was OK at best for me. Some good songs and they were better live but it just didn't catch for me. They keep talking about creating a guitar driven rock album but lately their stuff just seems a little ..I dunno..."light" for me. It just doesn't punch me the way the old stuff does. And from what I HAVE heard of the new album it seems to be the same way.

It's a total valid concern and people shouldn't jump down someone's throat for voicing it.

And also people need to quit bringing sales figures into this...it has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Couldn't agree more. U2 is on the verge of becoming dad-rock.

Hey, I'm a dad !:wink:
not all dad's listen to light rock.
i listen to Pantera and Ministry as well as U2 - both easy listening U2 and balls out rock U2.

U2 release one of their most guitar-heavy songs as the first single and you call them dad-rock? Wait till you hear the whole album before damning them with that particular label.

Back
Top Bottom