I'm a U2 geek

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LemonMelon said:

I knew that hat would be trouble...:shifty:

And when I said no, I don't really like country music, the man pointed and said, yes you do. It turned into a mini-argument and the end result was that he had no idea who Bono was or U2. I mean, I suppose there are still people out there who don't know....

in other news...had another geek moment when I was having dinner out last night and the waiter asked if I wanted lemon in my water? I tried to contain it, but I ended up saying it out loud..."Lemonnnnn? sure, I'd love some".

sigh, caught a look from the waiter at that moment. :nerd:

I am a geek, too. I told my friends at work about buying the Zoo TV DVD, U2 By U2 book, them being on Monday Night Football. They were like, "yeah, that's cool". I found out the other day my parents are going to Dublin at the end of December. I told my mom to go eat at the Clarence Hotel. She said she would. She knows Bono & The Edge co-own it. But my parents couldn't name one of their songs. For some reason, of all the bands I listened to growing up (I'm 33, by the way), they liked U2 the least. They say Bono can't sing, and my mom thinks the guitar is too loud. But I remind them that they have good messages in their songs. My dad says if he could understand them, he'd listen. I don't get them sometimes, but hopefully they'll have a good time in Dublin.

U2Girl416 said:

Ok, I had cheerios for lunch today. Go! :wink:

Cereal? ok, here goes, ever seen the video that Ben Stiller did about "Lucky Clovers?" where he imitates U2? It's awesome.

Takes me a nanosecond to connect stuff to U2.
I bite my tongue probably dozens of time each day, so I don't mention them with everything. I do it so my kids will not end up hating the band because of me. :mad:

I always liked to mess with my friends, usually the ladies, I'd be talking with them on AIM, and I'd go "I love U...", then they'd be all "awwww that's so sweet", then I'd follow it up real quick with "....2, they're like my favorite band".

I burst into song a lot. My English teacher had said something about "disco" and I started singing "DISCOTHEQUE", and my friend looked at me like :eyebrow: . But that's the tip of the iceburg.

And my AP US History teacher being a huge fan makes me feel not alone in the world anymore!!!!!!! :wink: ...aside from you guys, of course. :hug:

LikeNoOneBefore said:
I burst into song a lot. My English teacher had said something about "disco" and I started singing "DISCOTHEQUE", and my friend looked at me like :eyebrow: . But that's the tip of the iceburg.

And my AP US History teacher being a huge fan makes me feel not alone in the world anymore!!!!!!! :wink: ...aside from you guys, of course. :hug:

That be cool having a teacher a fan too, do you the teacher u2 questions and stuff ?

When I went to an interview applying for my place at college, the interviewer looked through my sketch books and was like; "hey, you like U2, so do I, I love Bo-no"

I had to refrain from correcting her :wink:

U2Girl416 said:

I mean, I suppose there are still people out there who don't know....

In eigth grade, one of my friends made fun of Bono and said that U2 is stupid, so on and so forth. Several months later, I was talking to her on instant messenger and it went like this:

Friend: So, do you still like Bon Jovi?
Me: Uh, I never have liked Bon Jovi.
F: Yeah you do! You said so at school.
Me: No, you're thinking of Bono because I like U2.
F: Never heard of them.
Me: But you said they were stupid! How can you not know who they are?
F: Uh, I don't know, but I have no idea who that is.
Me: :shocked:

When I went to the Popmart concert here in 1997 my parents asked what venue they were going to be playing if it was at a club I used to go to and I was like no they are playing the stadium twice, which holds 60 thousand...of course now they know who they are, but there is a lot more people out there that dont have a clue who U2 is then people realize.

There is a female teacher at my school who is a U2 tragic, like myself. I told her the other day I bought Zooropa, and she was like, "Oh yeah, the one with Lemon and Numb and Discotheque?"

It was sooooo hard not to correct her. But I was just like, "Yea, that's the one."

At the RHCP concert the other night my friend limited me to 5 U2 references for the whole night. That was so hard!

In the fifth grade (many years ago!) I had no idea who U2 was except that they were a band. Didn't know any of their songs, or even who the singer was. So, I would tell girls: "I love you too!" They'd look at me with a weird expression and I'd be like: "What?! I'm talking about the band. I love U2!"

It's been downhill since then.
:wink:

Re: Re: I'm a U2 geek

COBL_04 said:

You're not the only one. I have had 1000 million of those moments. I was watching Spicks & Specks (a music quiz show) and they had to match the first half of a song title with the first one, and I got sooooo excited to see 'Daddy's Gonna Pay' and 'For Your Crashed Car' up there.

I Saw that episode..... Spicks and Specks is my favourite show ever and yes i do watch it just incase there is a U2 question

Hi my names Srah and im a U2 geek ( i always though it was U2 nerd, thats what all my friends call me )

I don't push my addiction onto other people, but I have waaaaay too many U2-connection moments a day to count, and have done half the stuff listed here!

For instance: Today in Bio, the professor mentioned protists living on the white cliffs of Dover, in England. This sparked a geek-out in me since Bono did a gorgeous snippet of The White Cliffs of Dover at the end of Beautiful Day on the Vertigo Detroit bootleg. :nerd:

There's more: I came across an article about the Angiogenesis project (which the Edge is involved with) and had visions of him and I working in the lab...good times, in my head. :nerd:X10!

Back
Top Bottom