IGWSHA confusion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
i just noticed today.
on my MOFO REMIXS cd, the third track is a remix of If God Will Send His Angels called the Grand Jury remix. if you read the small details about the track on the back cover, you see that this remix is done by someguy nicknamed Big Yam.

Then on the Best of B-Sides, there is a God Will Send His Angels remix called the Big Yam remix.

I am too lazy to listen to both as i should be getting ready for work, but they are both the same lenght as well. i assume they are the same track. but WHY would U2 change the name of the remix or different releases?

okay i couldn't take it anymore. i had to listen to them. and now i'm more confused. now i have doubts that they are the same mix. they sound similar, but could still be different, or the same! so are they the same????

They are the same. As you said, The Grand Jury Remix was done by Big Yam. The remix thus exists with different titles. I don't know why U2 would change the name of the remix. Maybe they forgot how the remixer had named it, or maybe the remixer used different names for the same remix.

C ya!

Marty

I'm curious to see if Interferencers like this Remix of If God Will Send His Angels over the album version (or the single version)?

U2Soar said:
I'm curious to see if Interferencers like this Remix of If God Will Send His Angels over the album version (or the single version)?

Upon its release in 1997 I thought it was quite a good remix. However, by the time it was released on The Best Of 1990-2000 I wasn't so sure anymore. It's still nice, but not as good as I thought it was. For me, the best version is still the album version (love the swooshes!).

C ya!

Marty

I tend to dislike remixes ... there's a couple of Mysterious Ways remixes that I like and the Dub Mix of Wire is good, but that's about it ...

yea i've gotta go with the single / city of angels version myself... just more proof that they needed just a little more time to finish pop... but then that brings us to the discotheque remix on the best of, where they spent TOO much time over-producing...which then brings us to the new album... they don't wanna rush it and under-produce it so they're waiting... but they then again don't want to over-produce it, so hopefully they ain't waitin' too long.

it's all a big F'd up circle folks...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom