IGN's top 25 live Albums.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BrownEyedBoy said:
Shitty list if that album is number 2. I love U2 but seriously, there are way many better live albums. Let's be objective here.

You may have a point had the list been drawn up by us interferencers, then you could accuse us of favoritism. But am sure it was "neutral" judges who probably know their stuff, so it gives it more creedence!!

IGN sucks anyway, so I wouldn't take anything they say seriously.

They did a top 25 classic rock albums list, and Dark Side Of The Moon wasn't on the list, when it should be numbre 1.

BrownEyedBoy said:
Shitty list if that album is number 2. I love U2 but seriously, there are way many better live albums. Let's be objective here.

There are better live albums, I agree, but UABRS is damn good and the best official live U2 release. Which is sad, really. U2 need to put out some better live releases. UABRS itself deserved more tracks.

Axver said:

There are better live albums, I agree, but UABRS is damn good and the best official live U2 release. Which is sad, really. U2 need to put out some better live releases. UABRS itself deserved more tracks.

:up: UABRS is too short really to be one of the greatest live albums ever, but U2 could come out with a really brilliant live release.

BrownEyedBoy said:

:up:

a voice of reason.

Axver said:

One of 2 official releases. :banghead:

They're so great live, and UABRS and RAH are the only official releases.

(They had a few fan clubs releases, but someone like me who can't get into fan clubs for $ reasons can't get those. It's a damn shame.)

That's my biggest frustration with U2. I can't download bootlegs cause of my computer, I can't get in the fan club cause of $. The selection from iTunes is pathetic, songs like The Fly and Until the End of the World are skipped. No Zoo Station. No Mysterious Ways. Etc. Nothing.

So, where can I get live recordings?

Nowhere.

phillyfan26 said:

So, where can I get live recordings?

Nowhere.

Bootlegs and now downloads. :D

I've said for years that for a band famous for their live shows, they have precious few live recordings - and I stand by that. Edge recently stated that from now on they will only have DVD releases of shows. Fair enough - but I still think a CD of that show should be thrown in as a bonus. :yes:

What I really want is for U2 to make their live shows available - unedited - shortly after their concerts. Pearl Jam once released a ton of their live concert CD's and all charted in the U.S.! Fans sometimes have audio versions of the tour hours after the show anyway, so why can't U2 do this more professionally and make a few $$ off of it?

Wow...what a truly, truly horrific list. There isn't a single U2 release which I'd put in even the top 40 or 50 official live releases of all time. Ouch.

doctorwho said:

Bootlegs and now downloads. :D

I've said for years that for a band famous for their live shows, they have precious few live recordings - and I stand by that. Edge recently stated that from now on they will only have DVD releases of shows. Fair enough - but I still think a CD of that show should be thrown in as a bonus. :yes:

What I really want is for U2 to make their live shows available - unedited - shortly after their concerts. Pearl Jam once released a ton of their live concert CD's and all charted in the U.S.! Fans sometimes have audio versions of the tour hours after the show anyway, so why can't U2 do this more professionally and make a few $$ off of it?

That's just it, I have serious problems downloading bootlegs on my computer, and have so far failed on every try so far.

UABRS at number two but Metallica's Live Shit Binge and Purge just gets a honorable mention? Yeah right

phillyfan26 said:

That's just it, I have serious problems downloading bootlegs on my computer, and have so far failed on every try so far.

You ask here.

What era show do you want?

I'll pick you a winner.

Back
Top Bottom