If you like "running to stand still", and Ewan McGregor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thankyou

Refugee
I saw that the first time it aired. Ewan did a great job - it'd be interesting to hear a full version of it. (The context of the situation was certainly interesting as well... I highly rec the entire series).

He was actually in Ukraine when he sang that in someone's house. I was so shocked when it happened I couldn't believe it. I am a fan of his, and U2, and I like Ukraine too, so this was a very weird but cool paradox for me when it happened :up: :laugh:

This is great isn't it? I got this DVD at Christmas time and love all of it but this is just a bonus isn't it? Thanks for the link :) I recommend everyone see this DVD as it is really great, Ewan fan or not.

He was awesome singing and playing guitar. I would like to see the whole song too. I am currently obsessed with Ewan as Christian in the movie Moulin Rouge :drool: he sings really good in it. It's nice to know he's a fan of U2.

Well heres the inspiration:
bono8.jpg

Wow Ewan is a terrific actor , only He to save a bit of the last Star Wars that final speech to Vader before the bastard burned was amazing , and yes he does sing great in Moulin Rouge , his version of Your Song is amazing . And now he sings u2 , gotta love this guy . Shows he definitely has a good taste in music.

I still haven't got around to watching that show (Long Way Round) yet. I bought the book about their travels a few months back. Cheers for the link though. :up:

:drool: i loooooove ewan mcgregor. and yes he does a great job of playing christian in moulin rouge! and he's kinda the reason why i became a star wars fan hahaha

actually i first heard running to stand still because of that episode of long way round:reject: sorry but really that's it. coz i wasnt yet born when joshua tree was released. i heard ewan's version first, then u2's.

anyway, It's nice to know that Ewan is a fan of U2.

wait! i just realized that.....

Ewan is pronounced 'yew-wun' just like U1 :lol: U1 loves U2! :laugh:

a bit corny though.. hehe :crack:

Last edited:
He shouldn't have been nervous about singing -- Great Voice!! :up: Didn't know he was a U2 fan..

Back
Top Bottom