If you had to choose...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hawkmoon1021

Acrobat
between the Best of 90-00 with 2 new tunes, or a full length Bono solo album, which would you want to see in stores at Xmas? I know it's hypothetical, but I'm curious.

I always wanted to see U2 make solo albums at some point, not break up, but just take a year to make their own records, and bring the experiences of being solo & working with other people back to the band. I know they have done one-off's here and there, but it would be cool to hear a Bono or Edge solo album.

So I would pick the Bono solo album over the Best of...although I'm sure you won't see any solo albums for quite a while....What do you all think?

Originally posted by Hawkmoon1021:
between the Best of 90-00 with 2 new tunes, or a full length Bono solo album, which would you want to see in stores at Xmas? I know it's hypothetical, but I'm curious.

I always wanted to see U2 make solo albums at some point, not break up, but just take a year to make their own records, and bring the experiences of being solo & working with other people back to the band. I know they have done one-off's here and there, but it would be cool to hear a Bono or Edge solo album.

So I would pick the Bono solo album over the Best of...although I'm sure you won't see any solo albums for quite a while....What do you all think?

Bono solo album, definitely.
smile.gif

I don't think a Bono solo album would be that interesting. Melodically, we'd already know what to expect, and musically, it'll either be a little flat or filled with lots of guests.
smile.gif
An Edge solo would be pretty cool, though, just because I don't think he sings enough.

Originally posted by typhoon:
I don't think a Bono solo album would be that interesting. Melodically, we'd already know what to expect, and musically, it'll either be a little flat or filled with lots of guests.
smile.gif
An Edge solo would be pretty cool, though, just because I don't think he sings enough.

I'm not sure a Bono solo record would be so predictable. I've heard him say he wanted to make a "Psychededelic Country" record one day in an ATYCLB interview. Plus, you never know who he might write with. Peter Buck from REM might be a cool choice for a collaboration...

Best Of.

I can't imagine any of them every doing a solo album anyway.

------------------
Into the fire, I'm reunited.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
Emily's Wallpapers

I never want to see them do any solo albums. The side-projects were ENOUGH. Give me a full-on U2 album anyday, even if it's a 'best of'

So my answer is I want to see the new 'best of ' in stores this christmas.

Best Of definitely. Bono's solo work lacks musically, I think. His lyricism is unbelievable, but I want the whole package!

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

BEst Of. Two new full U2 songs with all of U2 is better than a whole album of only one U2 member even if it is the voice of U2.

Originally posted by Angell:
Best Of definitely. Bono's solo work lacks musically, I think. His lyricism is unbelievable, but I want the whole package!

I don't know...You can actually argue that Bono hasn't done any "true" solo work yet. Most of the solo stuff he has done has been cover versions, probably recorded quickly, for tribute records, or soundtrack songs written for a particular movie, usually co-credited. I know I'm in the minority, but it would be cool to hear Bono, or Edge, work on a solo record that they gave 100% of their efforts to. Don't you think it might be cool to see Bono writing with Peter Buck? Kind of a U2/REM hybrid of sorts. They are friends. It would be nice even for one song.

Back
Top Bottom