If you could rename HTDAAB...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phillyfan26

Blue Crack Supplier
If you could rename How to Dismantle and Atomic Bomb, what would you make the title?

One Step Closer if it was named after a track.

Solar just for the hell of it.

I like "Bob", I think it would make a lot more sense than HTDAAB. The songs seem to relate more to family than to war. Original of the Species, One Step Closer, SYCMIOYO...

Nube Gris said:

:lmao:

I like that!

I tend to like short titles the best, although there are some albums which make up for awful titles.

I like the idea of naming HTDAAB "Man" - as an evolution of "Boy".

That way, one could interpret "Man" in several ways - as referring to Bob Hewson, a metaphorical man (the evolved Boy), or even referring to Bono, as the Atomic Bomb supposedly refers to.

maro_chik said:
I like the idea of naming HTDAAB "Man" - as an evolution of "Boy".

That way, one could interpret "Man" in several ways - as referring to Bob Hewson, a metaphorical man (the evolved Boy), or even referring to Bono, as the Atomic Bomb supposedly refers to.

I agree with this.
However, I always liked the rumored 'Hanover Quay' title.
If titled after a track, Origin(al) Of The Species would be a sugestive title.

Seriously, I would have gone with 'All Because of You'. I think it would have made a nice reference to us, the fans, as well as to Mr. Hewson, an apparent large source of inspiration for the album. :up:

"laughing all the way to the bank"....or "all that larry mullen jr. wouldn't let us leave behind"...or even "The Unforgettable Shit (don't even try to forget)" , maybe not "Snotty music made by snotty rockstars:Ah-choo, baby!" but my favorite would have to be"Cock-rammed in the ear"

Original Of The Species

because it's probably the best song (and best video, the first one), so worthy of the album title

it fits songs about love, war, birth death, children, God...you know the usual human cycles

No offense, but I dunno if I could spend money on an album called "Man", it just sounds really funny to me...

If they had named it All Because of You...it'd be ABOY as in A Boy which would be odd cause their first album being Boy....ok, at midnight in a semi-stoned mood from reading all day it seems odd

Man would be a good title. It can apply to either Bono or his father.

Given the sound, I think this one could be the obligatory self-titled record that many bands use.

If HTDAAB was about putting feelings to rest concerning Bob Hewson - more of an evolving period, it's possible "Man" may be more suited to the next album.

I like 'Man', but hope they don't use it any time soon - cause it kind of finalizes things for them.

How To Write Crappy Lyrics Whilst Pandering To The World's Leaders. or just HTWCLWPTTWL.

Just joining in with the pack :madspit:

On Your Knees You Bastard = OYKYB
or
Kneeling Is Healing
or
Where Did It All Go Wrong
or
A Tergo :sexywink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom