If you could rename HTDAAB...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

Actually, in a later interview, he said JT and AB are better, and that HTDAAB is not a cohesive album but a collection of songs.

Also, when a new album is just out, of course he's going to say it's the best ever. I saw an interview from the Pop era where he praises Pop to the heavens, and now look what he says about it. Basically, it's marketing. If you want people to buy your album, you're not going to come out and say "oh, well, it's a decent album but nowhere near our best - JT and AB are miles ahead of it and I must admit I enjoy listening to Boy more ..."

I agree with you that its marketing to say that the album you just made is the best one yet. That’s a no brainer, you want people to buy it. But I would hope that U2 would be proud of it and think it’s some of their best work. I’d be kind of pissed if they thought it was a semi crappy album but still put it out. Just my two cents.

wow some people ARE harsh :|

btw, where did this 'solar' thing start? was it just some random rumor? becaaaaause it makes no sense to me

I hoped the hanover quay rumour would be true. But hey i'd have settled for Man.

Back
Top Bottom