If you could go back in time...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
If you could go back in time to one concert from every tour, plus one Pre-Boy concert, which would you go to?

I gotta think myself, then I'll get back to you. :)

I don't know about a specific concert, but I would have loved to see them during the War tour!

:hmm: Also Zootv!

*edited because I read the question wrong at first*

But I don't know enough about specific concerts to say! :reject:

ZooTV...any show from that tour. I'm sad I missed out on it, though I WAS only 10 years old at the time. I didn't really discover U2 until I was 13.

Hmmm...

I'm not too familiar with a lot of their early concerts.

I'd loved to have seen them at Red Rocks, definitely.

And I'd loved to have seen them during the concerts where Bono made his big speech during "Sunday Bloody Sunday" and where the kickarse "Bullet The Blue Sky" performance occured from the R&H movie.

I'd loved to have seen them during ZooTV, too-don't know a specific concert, but yeah, definitely then-it all sounds so amazing and interesting and creative from what I read and hear about that whole tour.

I don't know what to say about the PopMart one as far as specific dates go.

For the Elevation tour, the Boston concert. And I'd love to have been at the Slane concert, too.

Angela

I would have liked to have been there for the Red Rocks concert, the Live Aid performance and any of the concerts on The Joshua Tree tour.

The Joshua Tree Tour in Denver (the one that's in Rattle and Hum), Lovetown in Dublin on New Year's Day, ZooTV in Dublin in 1993, PopMart in Sarajevo, Elevation in Slane.

Last edited:
Boy Tour
October Tour
War Tour
TUF Tour
Joshua Tour
Lovetown Tour
ZOO TV
PopMart
Elevation Tour

Ok... I'm a BIG Fan!!

Vox

The question is which shows you would go to, and it's assumed that you would hit one date on every tour.

Werchter '82
Red Rocks '83
Croke Park '85 and '87
Madrid '87 ( 115,000 in attendance!! )
Dublin '89
Rotterdam 4, '89
Lakeland '92
Wembley '93
Dublin '93
Las Vegas '97
Reggio Emilia '97
Sarajevo '97
Slane '01

Vox

Slane '01, one of the Boy club shows, and any ZooTV shows.

Never seen them live, call myself a fan. Sigh. The joys of living in a place known more for its bans on chewing gum, eh?

I would like to see:

Pre-Boy: A 1978 Dandelion Market show
Boy Tour: Paradise Club, Boston
October Tour: ?
War Tour: Red Rocks, Colorado
Unforgettable Fire Tour: Live-Aid, London
Conspiracy of Hope Tour: The last show (the one where The Police gave U2 their instruments)
Joshua Tree Tour: Denver, Colo.
Lovetown: Point Depot, Dublin, Dec. 30, 1989 (the Dream It All Up Again show)/Rotterdam, Holland, Jan. 10, 1990 (Last Lovetown Show)
ZooTV: August 12, 1993, London/October 14, 1992, Houston/February 29, 1992, Lakeland, FL
POPmart: April 25, 1997, Las Vegas/September 23, 1997, Sarajevo
Elevation: June 6, 2001, Boston/September 1, 2001, Slane

Indianapolis Elevation on Bono's birthday so I could jump up on stage! I'd also have loved to have been at Red Rocks and Live Aid!

Vox02 said:
Werchter '82
Red Rocks '83
Croke Park '85 and '87
Madrid '87 ( 115,000 in attendance!! )
Dublin '89
Rotterdam 4, '89
Lakeland '92
Wembley '93
Dublin '93
Las Vegas '97
Reggio Emilia '97
Sarajevo '97
Slane '01

Vox

:yes: Sounds good to me. I'd add New York City's Mudd club, Nov. 1980 (only 'cause I once read some guy's post on another board where he said he had been to that show and I imagined how amazing it must have been).

And hell, it wasn't an album tour show but I'd throw in the talent contest the band won on St. Patrick's Day 1978 in Limerick.

arw9797 said:
I would like to have seen the "dream it all up again" speech.

Ooh, yeah, same here.

And how could I have forgotten Live Aid? That would've been sweet to go see them there as well!

Mention of the Sarajevo concert from PopMart-since that one's the one that seems to get talked about a lot, I'd probably go with that one.

U2Kitten, hey, that's a good choice-going to the concert on Bono's birthday. And I mentioned the Boston concert-I'd have liked to be the girl that Bono brought up on stage and sang to during "With Or Without You", there's where I'd have liked to be! :D.

yertle-the-turtle, don't feel bad-I have never been to a U2 concert, either. Seen them on T.V.-but it's always better when you're actually there

Next tour, though, I swear, I will do whatever it takes to go see them.

Even if it's just once, I don't care. I mean, while it'd be cool to see them more than once, even if I just see them one time and that was it...that's all I want.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom