if U2 were metal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, as long as it wasn't rap metal :no: I like some metal, I liked hair metal.

I was just thinking how funny it would be if U2 remixed all the greatest hits into hair metal/hard core metal songs just as a limited edition run for the hell of it.

oh my dear, this would be very very fine, i'm a big metal fan, i love dream theater! but i'm not sure if U2 would have remained U2 if they would have been a metal band :shrug: (headache said it before :wink: )

Last edited:
:drool: That would be a dream coming trough. U2 and Metallica would be the best heavy metal bands in the whole world then. I so much wish they would do heavier songs.... :drool:

If U2 were metal ... wow, imagine HMTMKMKM and Mofo then!

Sure, why not? I still like U2 when they went all techno-dancey on Pop even though I don't like techno-dancey music. I don't mind metal music so it probably wouldn't worry me.

Originally posted by wolfeden Like A Song is practically metal anyway. [/B]

:hyper: :hyper:

To me Bullet The Blue Sky, The Fly, Last Night On Earth and the ending of Until The End Of The World are metal!

It would be great if they could do more songs like those but in a more up beat tempo (also like Badlands from Brooce). A whole song as chaotic and with the same mood from Until The End Of The World would be just perfect!! :hyper:

isabelle_guns said:
If U2 were to go heavy metal would you still listen to them?

YEA I WOULD LISTEN TO IT! IT WOULD BE A NEW IMAGE FOR THEM! ONLY IF THEY DON'T GO INTO RAP! THAT WOULD BE DISTURBING!

And also if they kept the same famous Irish beat! :drool:

They could be a rap/metal political band and Bono could dreadlock his hair and scream a lot!

That's never been done before!

DaveC said:
U2 wouldn't be around if they were metal because they wouldn't have survived the 80's. Period.

:scratch:

I think they would probably be one of the few good metal bands that would have survived the 80's. Metal didn't died in the 80's.....

No. I hate metal. If they did like Soundgarden (like someone said before) and sang meaningful songs instead of mindless, hateful screaming, then I guess I might be able to get used to it (until the next time they reinvent themselves).
But I really don't think they could pull it off, because alot of heavy metal is so full of anger and hate and U2 are just the opposite. Sure, they can be loud and passionate when they want to, but not like that. When I think of metal, I think of Metallica, and U2 are not like them one bit.

Rachel D. said:
No. I hate metal. If they did like Soundgarden (like someone said before) and sang meaningful songs instead of mindless, hateful screaming, then I guess I might be able to get used to it (until the next time they reinvent themselves).
But I really don't think they could pull it off, because alot of heavy metal is so full of anger and hate and U2 are just the opposite. Sure, they can be loud and passionate when they want to, but not like that. When I think of metal, I think of Metallica, and U2 are not like them one bit.

Sorry but I don't think you know much metal. :ohmy: And actually U2 and Metallica have a lot of things common (musically speaking too). Oh and by the way U2 could totally pull it off. They are not just Beautiful Day and One.

Back
Top Bottom