IF U2 played Red Rocks again... what would be their setlist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Imagine a 9,000 crowd attendance... it's intimiate, so nothing too big... there is no b-stage...

Vertigo
All Because Of You
Gloria
The Electric Co.
Elevation
I Will Follow
Beautiful Day
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
City Of Blinding Lights
Original Of The Species
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
Bad
Where The Streets Have No Name
Pride (In The Name Of Love)

The Fly
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
With Or Without You
One

Window In The Skies
Kite
Yahweh

Last edited:
1. 40
2. I Will Follow
3. 11 O'clock Tick Tock
4. Party Girl
5. Gloria
6. A Day Without Me
7. I Threw A Brick Through A Window
8. New Year's Day
9. October
10. I Fall Down
11. The Cry/The Electric Co.
12. Sunday Bloody Sunday
13. Seconds
14. Two Hearts Beat As One
15. Surrender

16. Into The Heart -->
17. An Cat Dubh (yeah, let's see THAT segue!)
18. Twilight
19. Out Of Control

The original set in reverse. :up:

Axver said:
1. 40
2. I Will Follow
3. 11 O'clock Tick Tock
4. Party Girl
5. Gloria
6. A Day Without Me
7. I Threw A Brick Through A Window
8. New Year's Day
9. October
10. I Fall Down
11. The Cry/The Electric Co.
12. Sunday Bloody Sunday
13. Seconds
14. Two Hearts Beat As One
15. Surrender

16. Into The Heart -->
17. An Cat Dubh (yeah, let's see THAT segue!)
18. Twilight
19. Out Of Control

The original set in reverse. :up:

this sounds pretty rockin!!!!!!!!!! i like the idea of starting off slow with 40 and ripping into i will follow :rockon:

It wouldn't be different from their then current standard tour setlist – which we don't know yet. And maybe, but only maybe they might perform a then special tune, that would remember the famous gig (e.g. '40' or something else). That's all ...

No spoken words said:

[Insert modified quote of me here]

For once, I'm glad someone put words in my mouth because that sounds like an idea I could really get behind. :wink:

Axver, maybe I don't communicate with you all that often, but after all that time spent in the trenches of the set list parties, I know where your bread is buttered. :)

All you needed to do was throw in an encore of One Tree Hill and that set would have been pretty close to perfect. :wink:

And I can't wait for setlist parties to return. Shame we've probably got about 1.5 years to go on that!

Axver said:
All you needed to do was throw in an encore of One Tree Hill and that set would have been pretty close to perfect. :wink:

And I can't wait for setlist parties to return. Shame we've probably got about 1.5 years to go on that!
...and that is just the optimitic scenario, my friend from Down Under ...

ZOOTVTOURist said:

...and that is just the optimitic scenario, my friend from Down Under ...

I think it's probably safe to say the next album will be out late next year with a tour in 2009, so at least I'll have setlist parties from the Northern Hemisphere to enjoy. And here's hoping nothing goes awry and U2 manage to get down here by 2010. :|

Axver said:

I think it's probably safe to say the next album will be out late next year with a tour in 2009, so at least I'll have setlist parties from the Northern Hemisphere to enjoy. And here's hoping nothing goes awry and U2 manage to get down here by 2010. :|
Well said, but very optimistic – so I'll come down from the North again and we'll try again "Slow Dancing", won't we?

ZOOTVTOURist said:

Well said, but very optimistic – so I'll come down from the North again and we'll try again "Slow Dancing", won't we?

We'll get an even bigger sign and force Bono to go along with our scheme! :wink:

Would it not be nice to see u2 play places like red rocks, you know, away from the usual stadiums (which apart from anything, act as a big echo chamber, with sound bouncing back and spoiling the gig), places that have mystery and magical quality....but still accessible

Why mess with the original one? I'd love to hear the new spin on so many of those songs they haven't played in ages.

11 O'Clock Tick Tock x 2? :hmm:

No spoken words said:
Of course you meant due, but you typed "do", and that's when I decided to get all annoying up in this bitch. :)

Yes, thanks for pointing that out. TWICE.

:grumpy:

Vertigo
All Because Of You
I Will Follow
Elevation
The Electric Co.
The Ocean
Beautiful Day
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Original Of The Species
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bad
Where The Streets Have No Name
Pride

Out Of Control
Mysterious Ways
With Or Without You

Kite
Yahweh

I thought you already said what they would perform? You can't post another list, no sir, you cannot.

You lose! Good day, sir!

Vertigo
Elevation
Acoustic Zoo Station
Bad / 4th of July (snippet)
Vertigo
Instant Karma
The Saints Are Coming
Vertigo
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Vertigo
Bullet The Blue Sky