If U2 ever broke up...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2girl said:
Edge would probably be still making music in one way or another, Bono would be a full-time activist, Larry and Adam wouldn't be heard of again.

Larry and Adam have done side projects and worked with other artists, so I don't think they'd disappear from the music world entirely if U2 disbanded. Though it probably wouldn't be mainstream stuff, probably more like with Adam's work on one of Little Steven's solo albums, where he did all the bass parts. I don't know how many U2 fans even know that, or have the album.

The Rolling Stones are still going so why should U2 stop if they like what they do?

Last edited:
I'd never like to see the band split up, and if they split up and started new bands I don't think I'd go and see them and buy their music. However if a band member died (god forbid) and the others carried on to do a New Order sort of thing (and didn't carry on under the name of u2) then I'd go for that.

Eventually, the band will retire. But, other than a few special projects, like they have done in the past. I can't picture any of them being a permanent member of another band.

If U2 broke up, the Edge would be working on soundtracks for kiddy cartoons. Larry would probably retire completely because of his back issues. Adam would probably garden and Bono would have a second music career outside of U2 akin to Rod Stewart's career (Stewart of the 80s to the present). Then they would probably do some reunion gigs. Not bad.

Last edited:
I began this thread simply to talk about if they broke up in the past...say during the "Dream it up all again" speach..or after Achtung Baby (I should have stated this in my first post)...they are definitely not going to break up..they will retire as U2.

thrillme said:

Larry and Adam have done side projects and worked with other artists, so I don't think they'd disappear from the music world entirely if U2 disbanded. Though it probably wouldn't be mainstream stuff, probably more like with Adam's work on one of Little Steven's solo albums, where he did all the bass parts. I don't know how many U2 fans even know that, or have the album.

The Rolling Stones are still going so why should U2 stop if they like what they do?

If they'll turn into the Stones by the time they're 60 I'd rather they quit now.

As for why stopping, to me health (not counting some major fight within the band or death of a member) will be the main issue for stopping, namely the wrists and the vocals.

Back
Top Bottom