If U2 can keep making albums like THIS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

Ha. Ha.

Could someone actually tell me how the Beatles were revolutionary in any way? Shallow pop is not revolutionary in my books.

If this needs to be explained to you, then I would say that it's not even worth doing it in the first place. :wink:

As to some other replies on this thread, why don't you just enjoy this album, that is not even offiically out yet before you start worrying about U2 following up an album that isn't even in stores yet. :)

Se7en said:

6 words:

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

it's not shallow pop. it's musical genius.

Yeah..that album has probably the best "vibe" of any album I've heard! fantastic! The cut and paste of "Day In The Life" is just so wonderful.

AussieU2fanman said:
The Beatles music was completely boring IMO, it all sounded the same to me.

Again, you are entitled to that opinion, but have you listened to many of their albums or just singles like "She Loves You" ?

Sleep Over Jack said:

Again, you are entitled to that opinion, but have you listened to many of their albums or just singles like "She Loves You" ?

I've heard virtually all of their songs, my family loves them. And I can't see what's so special at all.

AussieU2fanman said:
The Beatles music was completely boring IMO, it all sounded the same to me.

Not to me. It was either shallow pop or bloody weird stuff. I heard U2's cover of Helter Skelter before I heard the original, and when I heard the original, I wanted to know what incompetent band had totally messed it up. The original Help's pretty crap too.

The Beatles are legends and people seem to go to great lengths to praise them. Frankly, I cannot comprehend that. I don't see them as influential or talented. I've heard some of Sgt. Pepper's and I despise it.

Back
Top Bottom