If the members of U2 were colours?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If your favorite (yeah, that spelling) team sucks, then that was a good one.

If not, well, I tried.

I have no clue how good your favorite team is doing.

phillyfan26 said:
If your favorite (yeah, that spelling) team sucks, then that was a good one.

If not, well, I tried.

I have no clue how good your favorite team is doing.

My favoUrite (learn to spell) team can't decide whether it's shit or fantastic. You have no idea how confusing it is to be a Black Caps fan.

But this was a thread about how Americans can't spell. Not about how Americans don't play real sports like the rest of us do.

This thread is amazing. Within two pages, we've made fun of the inane posts in EYKIW, argued about proper spelling, and introduced cricket into the whole mess. :love:

phillyfan26 said:
Favorite. Color. Gray. Center. Energize.

I can't quite grasp why you would want to show off your ignorance to the world. You shouldn't be proud of your inability to spell.

Then again, a lot of American stuff is very confusing. Your street numbers don't even make sense!

KhanadaRhodes said:

they don't?

You'll have these little streets with thirty houses ... numbered from 741 or something stupid. It should be 1 to 30!

If you live on, say, Bourke Street and there are 30 properties on Bourke Street, it shouldn't be possible for you to be 409 Bourke Street!

I'm with the Americans when it comes to words like color, thru (instead of through), favorite, center, meter, lieutenant (pronunciation) etc.

I'm with the rest of the world when it comes to words like herb (not 'erb) and....... that's about it!

Yeah, American spelling makes a lot more sense! lol

phillyfan26 said:
Color. Gray. Color. Gray. Color. Gray. Color. Gray. Color. Gray. Color. Gray. Color. Gray. Color. Gray. Color. Gray. Color. Gray. Color. Gray. Color. Gray. Color. Gray. Color. Gray. Color. Gray. Color. Gray. Color. Gray. Color. Gray. Color. Gray. Color. Gray.

GrEy, dumbass. Get your colo(oh snap, no U here!)rs right.

Axver said:
You'll have these little streets with thirty houses ... numbered from 741 or something stupid. It should be 1 to 30!

If you live on, say, Bourke Street and there are 30 properties on Bourke Street, it shouldn't be possible for you to be 409 Bourke Street!

I think developers must think they're creative. My street's first number is 1511. :huh:

I'm with the rest of the world when it comes to how boring American sports are but the Americans got it right with spelling and pronunciation, yo!

I actually don't care at all about our spelling. Whatever. You guys win. Fine.

But our sports are our sports. I don't care about cricket. I have baseball. That's good enough for me. Go away.

I'm sure American spelling is fine for the braindead.

For those of us who actually choose to think, the proper spelling is much more preferable.

And PFan, WTF, 1511?! See, this is my point. How is that even supposed to vaguely make sense?

I don't know why they do that. Then again, a bunch of people in this country voted Bush, so, fuck, nothing makes sense. I don't allign myself with America. I allign myself with an American childhood.

When you live in America and everyone spells like that, it's not much of a big deal. you know.

When you get Microsoft Word and keep having to tell it to use New Zealand English, it gets really irritating.

Axver said:

oh yes, i see what you mean. that is weird. i live at house number 1530 and my street is longish, but not THAT long!

there's one street around here that's pretty long that i've driven from one end to the other. i wonder if it starts at #1 or what :hmm:

Axver said:
When you get Microsoft Word and keep having to tell it to use New Zealand English, it gets really irritating.

Spell check doesn't work on my Microsoft Word, so I hope for the best with every paper.

Mine used to work, but the computer crashed and when it was re-installed, it just didn't have it. I try to use spell-check, and it tells me that I need to install more of Microsoft Office to do so.

My computer's utter shit, though. My browser is Netscape 7.1. My OS is Windows 2000, with Office 2000. My iTunes is 6.0. It runs slow as molasses.

Back
Top Bottom