If The Album Wasn't Done...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well, if true, then we should hear a new single on the radio within the next week or two, you'd think?

Reggie Thee Dog said:
C'mon, it's not just MSN reporting this. There are a few other news agencies reporting this, and people are hearing it on the radio. The media blitz is just beginning.....Believe the Hype!!!

unfortunately, these news agencies aren't all in the know.
I contacted Canoe.ca's entertainment writer and asked him about his claim of March 9th as a release date.

His response: "That's just an estimated time. The label hasn't given me a specific date yet."

We can probably assume the label hasn't released this information to anyone yet, not Canoe, not MSN, etc.

Last edited:
Yes, there is no reason to assume any site which is reporting this has verified sources. Most likely, they're reporting based on reports from other news agencies, who are also reporting based on the same reports from other news agencies. Basically, they're all basing it on each other, not on some accurate, unattached source.

dammit! lol.

but then again, the fact that the date(march 8) has been thrown out there is a good sign.

at this point though, anything seems to be a guess. i wish the band would just tell us, even if the album isn't coming out until 2005. just tell us!

Well I'm speculating that someone (with some credibility) threw that date out to someone. Most (I say "most") news agencies do not throw out info based on pure speculation. I'm still very confident that this album will be released during the month of March.

Michael Griffiths said:
Yes, there is no reason to assume any site which is reporting this has verified sources. Most likely, they're reporting based on reports from other news agencies, who are also reporting based on the same reports from other news agencies. Basically, they're all basing it on each other, not on some accurate, unattached source.

That's exactly right, which explains why "Solar" has resurfaced. People from different Web sites, news agencies and so forth are just re-posting old news and rumors from other sources because there is yet to be any official news on this from U2, PM or UMG.

U2's camp just needs to put a press release out. This wait and speculation is getting old. The band hasn't talked about the album for nearly 2 months now. HURRY UP BONO!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom