If something happened to Bono (God forbid) then...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhill

Refugee
I think Brandon Flowers could take over as lead singer.

I'm not ever a huge Killers fan... but...

he seems to have the reverence for U2... the voice.... etc

I would rather this then there be no more U2.

He really did great singing IALWhile and I can't think of anyone else who I would rather see attempt the job.

For the first time ever I think U2 could (not saying "would") go on without Bono...

Flame away.

Last edited:
2.gif

There is no debate.

Chris Martin.

But if you want that Flowers guy, then to fill the rest of U2, you can go with:

Good Charlotte guitarist

Sum 41 bassist

Simple Plan drummer

The "new" U2 would really kick ass on MTV TRL..

I can hear the shrieking teenagers now..

:yikes:

Last edited:
Seriously I pray they do not use another lead singer in place of Bono, if they want to do that then please dont use the name "U2".

better without Bono, if our choice is Brandon Flowers... I prefer a world without U2

redhill said:
I think Brandon Flowers could take over as lead singer.

I'm not ever a huge Killers fan... but...

he seems to have the reverence for U2... the voice.... etc

I would rather this then there be no more U2.

He really did great singing IALWhile and I can't think of anyone else who I would rather see attempt the job.

For the first time ever I think U2 could (not saying "would") go on without Bono...

Flame away.

:ohmy:

*grabs popcorn*

macphisto23 said:
Seriously I pray they do not use another lead singer in place of Bono, if they want to do that then please dont use the name "U2".
And please don't use a reality show to choose a replacement.

MrBrau1 said:
One of the best things about U2 is the same 4 member for 25 years. Lose any of them, and you lose U2.

So very true. I read something like that in U2: A Conspiracy of Hope. Good read, but I only got less than a quarter of the way through because I didn't understand half the words.

typhoon said:
And please don't use a reality show to choose a replacement.

Words could not express how much that would piss me off.

People, could you seriously imagine The Edge, Larry and Adam continuing without Bono? I just think it would be such a failure. That's half the reason U2 are the greatest band, that they have had the same four members for 25 years, almost 30 if you count the beginning. Which reminds me, whatever happened to Dik Evans?

I agree about the 4 members staying together... and how that is so magical.

I just can't imagine life without U2!

I guess part of it is... hearing Brandon... makes me miss the Bono who had a lot stronger pipes (more effortless sustained notes) and had a voice like an angel (UF) instead of so hoarse.

Brandon made Bono sound kind of tired and worn out even on a song where Bono is supposed to sound like that :(

Brandon sang IALW with the band at the Las Vegas concert a few nights ago

and U2 is jsut another band without Bono...
it's like Queen without Freddie Mercury "shudders"
it's like the Jimi Hendrix Experience without Jimi Hendrix
no one can replace Bono. Ever.

If somthing were to happen to Bono I would hate to see them replace him with such a commercial choice as Brandon Flowers from the Killers. :mad:

Instead I would like to see a far more authentic approach which would see them embark on a a 16 week television show, pitting 8 men and 8 women in a competition of singing, flag waving and dancing. Each week a contestant will be eliminated until a "new Bono" is found. The winner will be supplied with a leather jacket, shades and have their name changed via deed pole to Bono II. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Replacing Bono with someone else if something happened is the dumbmest thing i would ever see. And I would loose all respect for U2 if that happened for 2 main reasons. Look at INXS they replaced micheal now i think they suck. If they replace Bono or edge or larry or adam well U2 wouldn't be u2 anymore would they? and out of respect for Bono would YOU realley want to replace him???

if bono dies then there should be no more U2!

Rockstar: U2

With celebrity judges; Charo, Danny Bonaduce, and Monique!

Hosted by: Larry Mullen Jr. the most charismatic man in rock-n-roll!

AHH, I can see it now! :rockon:

Better yet. Bono has been pulling off Pavarotti notes so well, I'm sure Luciano could do the same back.

b.jpg

Look he's got the Bono yell down to a T! :drool:

Jack In The Box said:
better without Bono, if our choice is Brandon Flowers... I prefer a world without U2

U2 can't exist without Bono. And neither without Adam, Edge & Larry.
It's no sense talking about substitutes...

they'd quit the biz. Heck, they have enough money to live in the lap of luxury for at least 3 lifetimes. And, seeig thst they are in their 40s, they only have 1/2 a lifetime left too...

timothius said:
Instead I would like to see a far more authentic approach which would see them embark on a a 16 week television show, pitting 8 men and 8 women in a competition of singing, flag waving and dancing. Each week a contestant will be eliminated until a "new Bono" is found. The winner will be supplied with a leather jacket, shades and have their name changed via deed pole to Bono II. :drool: :drool: :drool:
:love: fantastic idea :love:

redhill said:
I agree about the 4 members staying together... and how that is so magical.

I just can't imagine life without U2!

I guess part of it is... hearing Brandon... makes me miss the Bono who had a lot stronger pipes (more effortless sustained notes) and had a voice like an angel (UF) instead of so hoarse.

Brandon made Bono sound kind of tired and worn out even on a song where Bono is supposed to sound like that :(

Brandon has a good voice now, not on record though...but Bono's voice still is far greater in range and emotional depth..Brandon's voice is smoother, but he is a smoker too, give him another 10 years to see what his voice is like:wink: Brandon could in no way pull off the Miss Sarajevo opera part...maybe he could with more years on the road, but not now.

No way would the band continue without Bono or any one of the boys for that matter. They might do some solo work but U2 would end.

I disagree that Brandon Flowers sounded better than Bono. It enjoyed seeing them on stage together but Bono's voice seems very strong to me. It's deeper than it used to be but I think it's actually better as well.

Back
Top Bottom