If something happened to Bono (God forbid) then...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If Bono died there would be no U2 anymore. They should end the band. If they wanted to keep going they should start a new band, with a new name and I would hope that The Edge would take on the vocals.

All for One, One for All.............................
Don´t kid around, no-one could ever replace Bono, once a member goes from the band (alive!!), U2 will no more exist.....

U2 is

Bono (Vocals, Guitar, Harmonica)
The Edge (Guitar, Piano, Vocals)
Adam Clayton (Bass Guitar)
Larry Mullen Junior (Drums)

Always and Forever

No space for departure thoughts, no space for possible new U2 members.................

If Bono died I think Edge would still write music and call upon Adam and Larry as his rhythm section at times. However U2 would cease to exist.

The music of The Edge will be Eno-esque but guitar driven with sonic experimentalism taking over from structured melodies.

Exactly, U2 has and always will be these four people. I can't imagine them replacing Bono with anyone....

And Brandon Flowers?? Come on..... he's so up his own arse it's worrying.

OK, here's the truth.

If anything were to happen to ANY member of the band that disabled them from participating in the band anymore, U2 would end. It's what they should do in that case, and it's what they would do in that case.

BUT, if we are being 100% totally hypothetical here, if something were to happen to Bono, and the rest of the band wanted to continue making music and touring as a band (and even then in this most hypothetical of hypotheticals), The Edge should take over all vocal responsibilities. Especially if they were to make new albums, and maybe not tour anymore, The Edge would still be the Edge, and since he's more than proven his abilities behind the mic, he should record the albums main vocals (and Larry could sing backup ;)).

I think they should impale the Bono's shades in a large rock and the person who pulls them out gets to be the lead singer of U2....I mean Edge is very Merlin like....

if something happened to Bono..U2 should be no longer:tsk: not that the others don't have enough talent to carry on.....it just wouldn't be the same at all:tsk:

God I hate to think about it:(

If Bono died, U2 would disband forever.

However..................

Brian Eno and Edge would form a small side project, and invite Larry and Adam to play with them.

Andrea Corr would join as lead singer.

The band name would have Larry Mullen in it.

timothius said:
If somthing were to happen to Bono I would hate to see them replace him with such a commercial choice as Brandon Flowers from the Killers. :mad:

Instead I would like to see a far more authentic approach which would see them embark on a a 16 week television show, pitting 8 men and 8 women in a competition of singing, flag waving and dancing. Each week a contestant will be eliminated until a "new Bono" is found. The winner will be supplied with a leather jacket, shades and have their name changed via deed pole to Bono II. :drool: :drool: :drool:

:lmao:

Now that could be fun to watch! :yes:

Zootlesque said:
Of course all the Killers haters are gonna join in on the flaming now! :lol:

gotta love it.

:shame: I definately do not hate the killers as a matter of fact I saw one of their shows in September!

I basically agree with what everyone else said in that U2 without Bono is not U2. U2 is Bono, Edge, Larry, and Adam. If any one of them was not there it simply wouldn't be U2 anymore.

That said, maybe Mary J. Blige could take over vocals for awhile...:wink:

timothius said:
If somthing were to happen to Bono I would hate to see them replace him with such a commercial choice as Brandon Flowers from the Killers. :mad:

Instead I would like to see a far more authentic approach which would see them embark on a a 16 week television show, pitting 8 men and 8 women in a competition of singing, flag waving and dancing. Each week a contestant will be eliminated until a "new Bono" is found. The winner will be supplied with a leather jacket, shades and have their name changed via deed pole to Bono II. :drool: :drool: :drool:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The INXS approach is so lame, and was probably motivated by the band's desperation to get a gigantic cash infusion to keep them alive into old age. The rest of the guys in U2 wouldn't need that if Bono bit the dust.

Back
Top Bottom