If someone wants to hear 30 seconds of new album...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Next time don't speak anything when recording U2, please. :mad:

Last edited:
couldn't hear a lick. i heard someone talking and perhaps some music in the background. was that ABOY again?

let's be careful.
who are these 100 elephants from where this come from? in their site (www.t100e.com) there are a lot of snippets of their songs to listen and the fact is that the guys are trying very hard to sound like u2, especially the singer that almost convieced me...publicity stroke?

Well, what I heard in the background definitely sounded similar to the "ABOY" clip...sounded like Bono a tad too......but the clip is such low quality that I don't really care if it was the real band or not.

Oh no, no, no! No comparsions to Bon Jovi. I despise Bon Jovi. He is a mockery to rock and metal music generally. This clip has nothing to do with Bon Jovi.

ya that sounded nothing like Bon Jovi to me. The quality is horrible but the music from what I could hear was pretty good. The voice sounded a little like Bono but you cant make it out, definetly rockin though.. however I agree with what a prior post wrote, just a stunt by another band, I dont think its u2.

It is not a fake, it was taped in Niza, in the beach (you can hear the sea waves), and the song it's not All Because of You, it could be named "Don't you" (based on what Bono sings during the song).

redbook said:
It is not a fake, it was taped in Niza, in the beach (you can hear the sea waves), and the song it's not All Because of You, it could be named "Don't you" (based on what Bono sings during the song).
:D from Eze

I think it could be genuine, from the little I can make out of the music. Sounds similar to All Because of You.

here's what bothers me:

these guys go to the house to stand outside and TAPE the music so they can POST it on the internet. while doing so, they
TALK over the fucking thing!:banghead:

guys, do us a favor and don't post anything if you're gonna do that.

also, why is it only a 20 second clip of one song? you go out of your way to get to bono's house to bootleg something and that's all you got?:madspit:

redbook said:

I have no idea how you heard sea waves and all that in that small clip but it sounded good so I hope you're right :wink:

JOFO said:
these guys go to the house to stand outside and TAPE the music so they can POST it on the internet. while doing so, they
TALK over the fucking thing!:banghead:

They taped this for their own pleasure, NOT to put this on the internet. If they talked during their excitement, OH GOD, PLEASE FORGIVE THEM FOR THIS!

guys, do us a favor and don't post anything if you're gonna do that.

You can hear it or not, it's your choice.
But don't blame them for putting a sample.

[also, why is it only a 20 second clip of one song? you go out of your way to get to bono's house to bootleg something and that's all you got?:madspit:[/QUOTE]

From what I knowm they taped 10 songs (they said the album was played in its entirety and 12 songs were played). Don't know if they plan to put it or not.

Personally, I'd like to keep the surprise until the release date and have the pleasure of hearing the brand new album (just like the old pre internet years), but I don't know if I will stand without hearing samples, hehe.

Because you have to agree that the AB shock wouldn't have been the same if samples in MP3 had appeared in radio, etc

While I think that the recording is real (it DOES sound like Bono's voice), I agree with JOFO.:up:

The least these guys could have done was to zip their lips while recording.

I'm kinda getting tired of this whole "snippet" thing and eyewitness acconuts that really don't seem credible too.

I would rather just wait until U2 themselves tell us something definite about their music....but I hope it's soon! :wink:

Thanks for posting the link.

And HURRY UP YOU GUYS! :laugh: :adam: :larry: :edge: :bono: :love: :hug:

i think its time the real deal is going to be released, because im sick of all those bad sounding teasers and the fact we have to keep on guessing whether its U2 or not. I wonder what takes so long for an official statement. I mean, November isnt that far away anymore.

U2DMfan said:

By the mere fact that they talked thru the clip that they decided to post, I think they were trying to "authenticate" it. Why would they post something of such poor quality unless they were just trying to pull one over on someone. Also you can hear what sounds like footsteps in the clip, are they supposed to be walking on the beach? Making loud footsteps? Unless they aren't footsteps.

If you understand spanish, they spoken part says "let's move closer [to tape it better], and that could explain the footsteps.

If I were going to do a fake, I would explain a better story than taping U2 at a private party during the night in a beach in Eze, don't you think? lol

About the sea waves.... I think you can hear them very well... move to sec 16 to 17... that's a sea wave!

This was taped almost at the night... you can hear that night summer insects in the bakcground! (sorry, I don't know the english name lol)

BTW, these guys says the complete CD was played and this was the first song played, so it could be the initial single.
You know U2 in the history has always put a "representative song" in the first place, understanding representative as "hey this is the kind of thing we're doing on this album", Streets (JT), Zoo Station (AB), Zooropa (Zooropa), Discotheque (Pop), Beautiful Day (ATYCLB).... does it have sense?

Last edited:
I don't mind if this is finally the first song or not (we don't even know the entire song!), for me it's more important that U2 always tries to show the kind of sound / concept they want to achieve in that particular album.

(you are right, those songs were not singles)

redbook said:

This was taped almost at the night... you can hear that night summer insects in the bakcground! (sorry, I don't know the english name lol)
it's not night summer insects :no: we can hear this insects during the day, in french : "cigales"

Last edited:
Okay, upon further inspection and cleaning it up a bit, I think it's defintely real.

I have 2 new versions if someone wants to host it, give me your email address and I'll send it as soon as I can.

One version has all the spanish cut out and the other is louder, and I tried to boost the sound of the music, it was hard to do, but it at least is a little better.

Forgive my initial cynicism, this does indeed sound like U2 and Bono.

U2DMfan said:
Okay, upon further inspection and cleaning it up a bit, I think it's defintely real.

I have 2 new versions if someone wants to host it, give me your email address and I'll send it as soon as I can.

One version has all the spanish cut out and the other is louder, and I tried to boost the sound of the music, it was hard to do, but it at least is a little better.

Forgive my initial cynicism, this does indeed sound like U2 and Bono.
:bow:

"...and you gave me something I can FEEEEL yeah!!!!"
or
"...and you gave me something I can FEEEEL it!!!!!!!"

that's all I can make out so far. :)

Back
Top Bottom