If New Songs Leak Will You Listen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gonna Run 2 U said:
this is different..ive seen my girlfriends body many times.. i dont have to sneak a peak...id rather just get laid then get a few hand jobs and not be able to finish.

This tops any humorous retort I could have concocted. Bravo.

Anyway, to answer the question honestly, I would not just listen to the songs, I would burn a CD copy of them and flip off a picture of Paul McGuinness while doing so.

LemonMelon said:

Anyway, to answer the question honestly, I would not just listen to the songs, I would burn a CD copy of them and flip off a picture of Paul McGuinness while doing so.

:lol:

I think you should go one step further and send Paul a letter telling him that you really fucked him over this time around :yes:

Remember that person that had ATYCLB before anyone else? I remember that he/she needed instructions on how to make mp3's for downloading....... :lol: That added a few hours to the whole process, while rabid fans gave advice on the whole process, and waited. That was so much fun!!!

Then, on dial-up, I downloaded each song, one at a time. It took forever, it seemed, but eventually I got all of them. It greatly added to my ATYCLB enjoyment!!! And of course, as most of us did, I bought the album when it came out!!! :wink:

Rob33 said:
hey cori...I'm curious, since I can't find any R.E.M. forums and you're the only one on here who has mentioned it so far...briefly, what'd you think of the new album?

Check out the thread on the album in the music forum here -

http://forum.interference.com/f221.html

Briefly, I liked it upon first listen (although it's much too short). Then I doubted whether I actually liked it as much as I thought I did. Now I'm waiting until I have a physical copy to spend some quality time with it and see what I think. :)

With ATYCLB I heard all of the 30 sec clips, and with Bomb I only heard Vertigo (and the acoustic Sometimes).

I'll try to keep it down to a minimum this time.

^ Ya no kidding :)

I will probably d/l any leaks. I'd rather not but I haven't got the willpower to resist, at all.

Of course I will. They won´t starve if we listen to the leaked album, would they now?

I won't go actively searching for anthing that leaks but if something falls in my lap, I know myself better than to say I'd ignore it. I do so LOVE that feeling of hearing a song for the first time, whether it's on the radio, you know, you're flipping channels and you hear the DJ say "Up next, U2's new single" and you sit in your driveway listening to commercials just to hear it, or skipping out on work at lunch to buy the new album and locking yourself in your office to listen to it... LOVE that feeling!

Yeah, I'm sure I'll listen to it if it leaks. It was pretty exciting in 2004 and suddenly seeing HTDAAB had leaked. It didn't stop me from forking over a lot of cash for the deluxe album, concert tickets....ect associated with the album.

On the other hand, this time around I am most definitely not going to be looking at setlists. I was at the 2 shows filmed for the Chicago DVD--front row inside the ellipse one night and front on the outside the other night. Because I'd seen every setlist of the tour, there was very little magic/mystery to the show. I still had a blast, but how freaking amazing would it have been to not know they were playing Electric Co, An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart, Running to Stand Still, Bono playing drums on LAPOE, to no know about the confetti during COBL...and the many other highlights of the show.

ImOuttaControl said:
On the other hand, this time around I am most definitely not going to be looking at setlists.

I hadn't really been paying attention to setlists on the last tour. I was only going to see one show, and I thought it would be nice to go in fresh with no expectations and just be surprised. However...this dude standing next to me had been to plenty of shows on the tour, and he was giving the person he was with a rundown of what was going to go on during the show...details like Bono drumming during LAPOE. So much for the element of surprise I was hoping for. :mad: :rolleyes:

I don't know, after downloading HTDAAB in '04 my computer crashed. Throwing me back into the dark ages of windows98.
I felt like I was being punished even though I had alread pre-ordered the delux pk.

OK that's bullshit, I'll download it.. just because it's U2 - and I want as much of them as I can get.
I've always bought it and always will.

I just have a feeling it isn't going to leak this time.
(will try to remember to come back and eat these words - later this year):wink:

I'll definately download everything that leaks.

The not looking at the setlists is something I wish I could do. I said to myself last tour I wouldn't read anything before the opening night which I was going to. That lasted for about 5 minutes, I read the LA rehearsal setlist as soon as it was posted. Then I said I wouldn't read anything about the 3rd leg,. That lasted until the first show started and I just couldn't not go into the setlist party. I have absolutely no will power. :crack:

zuropa_fit said:
I do so LOVE that feeling of hearing a song for the first time, whether it's on the radio, you know, you're flipping channels and you hear the DJ say "Up next, U2's new single" and you sit in your driveway listening to commercials just to hear it,

I remember doing this when "Vertigo" came out, because the DJ was all, "This song is AWESOME." And it was, and it still is (no, it doesn't have the emotional depth of "Please" or "Stay" or anything, but I'll be damned if I wasn't bopping around in my car like a maniac. A great rock song is a great rock song. Period. I was late to class that day because I sat in my car waiting for the song to play. And that was before I was a huge U2 fan!)

As far as listening to leaked songs -- damned right I will, because I'm impatient like that. I'll also buy the album the day it comes out. I don't care that they're rich and don't need the money -- as far as I'm concerned, they've earned it. Even if I hear nothing from the new album before it comes out, I'll shell out the cash for it without a second thought.

I don't want to sound like one of those "Everything U2 does is GOLD and you're an idiot if you don't see that!" fans (God knows I hate some of the things they've done), but they've built up an enormous amount of credit with me, so I'm willing to shell out the cash. They're worth it.

Rob33 said:
I will listen to any leaks that surface leading up to the album like Irishteen's clips but nothing so substantial that it will make the album less exciting/surprising to listen to

I listened to it on ilife website...R.E.M. uploaded the album specifically so people could listen first I think...

hey cori...I'm curious, since I can't find any R.E.M. forums and you're the only one on here who has mentioned it so far...briefly, what'd you think of the new album?
Murmurs.com

:)

gabrielvox said:

I expect an email by noon, pal-o-mine :mad:

Surely you didn't think this would fly right over my head, didja? :wink:

:wink: :shrug: Nah, I havent heard any new album material.......................recently. ;)

Seriously on the thread topic. I will download them immediately and I will check out the setlist the moment its posted. Doesnt ruin anything for me either way. Typically I'm just happy there is new U2 music and they are playing live again.

I really don't know. I'm really curious about this new sound and the quality of the songs but then again I want to listen to the album in it's entirety and order. I like the idea of albums and I think U2 still goes out to make albums in the classic sense. So, if a new song leaks I will try not to listen to it (this is not certain) but if the entire album is leaked in perfect sound quality I probably won't hesitate in dowloading it as soon as I can. I will still buy the album though, as soon as it comes out.

Back
Top Bottom