If I order $45 dollar GA, is there a chance I'll get stuck in the boondocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snutes1

Acrobat
In the last leg, some $45 tix were behind the stage on the second or third deck. I want to try to get floor tix. What are the odds guys, help me out.

Does U2 look like a band that would screw their fans like that. WAKE UP MAN!!!!!

That has never happened to anyone ever. I know for a fact.

I hope so, I bought GC and 85 dollar seats last leg. They were great seats mind you, but I heard of the "madness" in the GA that I want to try it now definately.

If they run out of GA they will contact you and offer you the other options if those are still available. If not, they will refund your money. It doesnt happen often, the only time it happened on the first leg was the Madison Square Garden shows and I think a few had problems with the New Jersey shows.

Its interesting though on the SFX announcement it doesnt indicate that there will be any $45 reserved seats. It also says "very limited" GC seats. Maybe they caught alot of flack on the first leg because some of the GC tickets were at the back of the arena in the lower bowl. I think they may go with the 2 side sections beside the stage on ea. side as the GC's and $85 in all other reserved tickets. I heard a rumor that they are not going to have rear stage tickets this time out as they are going to have a large canvas screen behind the stage. I cant confirm that though.

My pathos continues....

The thing is they say that over half the tix in the arena are going to be 45$, but the floor section is NOT the majority of the arena, in other words I am pretty sure that some if not many folks who buy the 45$ tix will be sitting somewhere. Not that I will mind, but I just hope I am on the floor this time

naaaah, they won't run out... they'll reserve a nice chunk of tix for the Propaganders... I have so much faith in them ever since the first leg, they really came through!!!! And if they do run out, then you still get tickets, but maybe just not the type you specified... but still tickets! Yay! Stress free way of seeing a U2 concert, eh???

Anyways, I'm off to bed, too excited to sleep, but so relieved that my mind can rest easy. Paradox? Yes, it is
biggrin.gif
Goodnight!!!
smile.gif

------------------
"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, we are close to each other." -Bono

The 45$ tickets will probably be at most 1/3 of the seats. There were reports that they would be half on the first leg, but I can confirm that did not happen. I would say if anything, there will be more high priced tickets for this leg considering the markets their playing and the number of shows. If the rumor of no behind the stage seats is true, then there will be even more high priced seats. When you reduce the supply of tickets, you drive up the average price of the remaining tickets.

There are two types of $45 tickets, the floor (General Admission or GA) and actual seats on the upper balcony. As such, over half the available tickets were indeed $45. Of course, all the media does is focus on the $130 tickets while ignoring the fact that fans have a choice of what type of ticket they want. Plus, the $45 GA tickets really can get you VERY, VERY close to the band. So the best spots are also the least expensive.

On the Propaganda order form, there will be a spot to check for $45 GA tickets or $45 "regular" tickets (those with a seat). Make SURE you check the right box. If Propaganda runs out of tickets for the show you requested, then please have an alternative. There will be a spot on the order for to request an alternative - however, if they run out of tickets for your alternative as well, they may actually call you. In that case, have yet another back-up plan in mind. For example, you might want to attend the same show, but just have the $85 or $135 tickets instead. Or you might want to try getting GA tickets at another show.

Remember though, obtaining GA tickets is just half the battle. Then you have to queue in line outside the arena in an attempt to secure a spot in or just outside the heart. Be prepared to wait outside most of the day. In some lucky cases, people from the end of the line still got in the heart. However, for the most part, people who arrive late will not be inside the heart. Also, there are only so many spots along the heart railing. If your goal is to be along that railing, then you must be one of the first people in the heart, meaning you also have to be one of the first people in line (usually first 150-200 people have their pick of where they want to go).

Bottom line, Propaganda will do the best they can to secure you the ticket you requested. Have back-up plans in mind. And if you get the tickets, remember, you still have to do some "work" to get a great spot in or around the heart.

Originally posted by doctorwho:
There are two types of $45 tickets, the floor (General Admission or GA) and actual seats on the upper balcony. As such, over half the available tickets were indeed $45.
doctorwho...as a Boston area resident, you should know there is no way half the tix at Fleetcenter were $45. I'm not stirring anything up, but:
GA were $45
All Loge not considered side or rear were $130, most side/rear were $85
Most balcony were $85
the rear balcony were $45.

Maybe 25-30% were $45

Back
Top Bottom