"If God Will Sends His Angels"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ellay said:

Actually it was released as a double single with mofo in the UK - (but only the remixes of mofo admittedly)

I agree with you though that it should'nt have been released as a single..

Perhaps after the pop fiasco they decided it was the only way they could release it to the public in it's finished form - mofo had clearly been completed on the album already.

Youre quite right, I even own the Mofo "single", but I dont really count it as there was no video and it didnt get any real airplay, IGWSHA was definaitely the senior partner in that release!!
I remember that they wanted Underworld to remis it as a single, they even made a video, but nobody was satisfied with the outcome of the mix. Its a shame that they didnt release the album version of MOFO as the first single from Pop, with Discotheque and do you feel loved and staring at the sun coming next. I think Mofo could have been nearly as big as The Fly. What an amazing UK number 1 that would have been!!

I remember when I went to see popmart at Wembley..

Mofo was easily my favourite from the album..

remember these were the days before forums & obsessive chats about setlists, so I had no idea what was going to be played.

I nearly cried with joy when they kicked off with Mofo.

RademR said:

Me, personally, I think it's a good song but is just missing something from making it a great one. Kind of missing that "u2 magic" or something.

I think so too. The band wanted to attempt the "U2 bittersweet love song" but failed.

One of the best U2 songs and 1 of the best of POP. (although it's full of great songs!).

The video is just awesome. It captures the song perfectly. :drool:

Earnie Shavers said:
This might sound weird, but has anyone ever experienced the silence that comes the split second after an explosion, or major accident, or anything like that? A busy street or room and something just goes *bang*, major car crash or something, and absolutely everything in the world, including all noise, either stops or seems to stop. Shocked silence. I always think of this song as being sung in that moment.

That's not weird, that's a great observation. Never thought of it that way...
Their music brings comfort in so many different ways doesn't it? It definitely has comforted me on many occassions.
Thank God for U2! :)

Back
Top Bottom