If Ever We Need Reminding.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonovation

The Fly
....a very disturbing and moving article.

http://www.youtwo.net/news_archives.adp?newsid=16583

I know I'm not doing enough!
frown.gif

------------------
Being one can be great but respecting differences can be greater. - Bono in Belfast, August 26, 1997

Is it me or did the part at the end with the Ugandans swaying rhytmically to Bono playing ISHFWILF seem out of place?

I am going to forward this article to people that I know. That is the least anyone can do.

The problem, essentially, is that many of the people who receive the message will say, "Oh, that's awful, I wish there were something I could do, but we have problems of our own here in the U.S."

There should be some sort of referendum where people could vote to give debt relief and aid to these poor countries. According to everything I have read, we have the basic resources that these countries need to sustain themselves and it is well within our means to supply them, yet most of America remains indifferent to all of this suffering. Don't people respect life enough to give a damn? For me, it all comes down to the golden rule, because I would not want to be born into poverty and disease, while countries who could help just stood by and watched.

I realize there are no easy answers here, but just reading these articles and doing nothing to help find a solution makes me angry. I am sure it is this same anger that drives Bono to spend all his free time on saving the third world.

What could be done to drive regular people to care about other human beings who are suffering and dying because they are poor?

AJ

"The rich stay healthy, the sick stay poor"
-Bono in God Part II

Originally posted by garibaldo:
Is it me or did the part at the end with the Ugandans swaying rhytmically to Bono playing ISHFWILF seem out of place?

How in the world did that seem out of place?

Back
Top Bottom