If dreams come true, this is going to be a strange record.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
This morning in my dream, I was looking at new pictures on a website of the band as they recorded Bomb. You know how in dreams, things blend into one another? Well, these pictures became part of a video and then went back to pictures.

There was a random fifth guy playing bass. I don't know what Adam was playing, but it looked like a guitar I think. The random guy was also playing the banjo.

Edge was playing banjo, too. But now it gets scary. He was dressed full-on mountain man style. :| Fringed deerskin pants and jacket, shoulder-length blond hair, and full blonde beard. Big fur cap. Fur boots. Mountain man, people!

Bono was all studly in a tight see-through white T-shirt with Pop style glasses on. Larry was there somewhere. The band was all scrunched up together, not spread out like usual.

The previous morning I dreamed I heard "Love is the Drug" on the radio. No, not Roxy Music's song, but the new U2 song. The refrain went "Love is the drug, love is the drug, love is the drug for humans." It was a decent rock song with a pop edge to it. Small "p."

:huh: Apparently, work has been stressful.

good dream martha. i was afraid you would say:

"omg, i dreamed about the album and it was good i'm so happy i could scream go vertigo!!!!!!!!!111"

mikal said:
good dream martha. i was afraid you would say:

"omg, i dreamed about the album and it was good i'm so happy i could scream go vertigo!!!!!!!!!111"

OMG- That was the dream I had last nite!

I had a two dream about the new Vertigo single and the album.

1st Dream:

There was a big parade (maybe like the one in "The Sweetest Thing" but bigger) and U2 were at the head of it. People in the parade started playing all these little snippet of songs that sounded like it could be the new U2 single. Then they played the new song and it way totally lame. I was so let down and decided to go buy Pop again (an album I don't currently own).

2nd Dream:

U2 were at this big MTV awards show type event and were on this big elaborate multi-level stage made of crystal. The multi-levels were shaped like in big arcs, like waves with each of the band members were on different levels. And Larry had long bushy hair. Then the band gets up to play the song and starts playing it. But then Bono doesn't sing. A bunch of boy band style groups and destiny's child type groups come out and sing the song instead! And Bono doesn't sing! It was so lame. I was so disappointed that here was the big release of the song and Bono wouldn't even sing on it. And the whole song didn't sound anything like U2.

Basically I suppose these are "fears realized" dreams where my fear is the new song/album will suck. Which I know is not that likely to happen because I've like most everything they have done. Although I'm not a big fan of Electrical Storm and thought it was pretty weak.

oh and put my vote in for U2 with Banjos! They've gone new wave, punk, electronic, pop, atmospheric, blues, country, ballads, and more! Now for the new frontier ... bluegrass!

Just imagine Achtung Baby with the Soundtrack from O Brother, Whereart Thou!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had this dream that everywhere I turned there were snakes! Fucking snakes! Eventually after killing some and running away from the rest the entire world was completely barren except for a few humans. Then, I saw a convoy of super trucks and where I joined the remainder of humanity in. Then for some reason everyone had super powers. And Bono was there. And in the end I found out that the incineration of the human race was all pure propaganda from U2 for their new album. Weird huh?

I had a dream in which I heard Vertigo in full too. Now I can't get that version out of my head, and I remember every bit and detail right down to the guitar and lyrics...it's bizarre.

adam3000 said:
oh and put my vote in for U2 with Banjos! They've gone new wave, punk, electronic, pop, atmospheric, blues, country, ballads, and more! Now for the new frontier ... bluegrass!

Just imagine Achtung Baby with the Soundtrack from O Brother, Whereart Thou!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually, have you ever heard either of the "Pickin' on U2" volumes? They're U2 songs played with bluegrass instruments (no lyrics THANK GOD!, just instrumentals) and they're REALLY good! :ohmy:

Before I heard the 1st one, I could believe that some of U2's work, especially from JT would work (i.e. In God's Country, etc.) but the ones that really amazed me were, believe it or not: One and strange as it may seem, Mysterious Ways!! Desire also works really well as a bluegrass instrumental.

So, I don't expect our guys to pick up banjos & mandolins any time soon, but in the hands of skilled bluegrass musicians who respect U2's work, the songs are beautiful! If you're someone who appreciates all kinds of music, you owe to yourself to give these a listen. I know personally that "Pickin' on U2, Vol. 1" is wonderful, because it's in my personal collection now. :up: :heart:

Banjos? the words "wanna" and "hear" and "ya" and "squeal" and "like" and "a" and "pig" and "boy!" comes to mind! I think Adam and Edge should do the Duelling Banjos song on the new tour! lol....."Ya not from round here boy?"

Back
Top Bottom