If BOY material is released... why not a Boy DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
I was thinking, why haven't they released a show yet on DVD that has:

An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart
I Will Follow
Out Of Control
The Electric Co.
The Ocean

Or why not even Red Rocks? It's been 25 years...

Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day
Gloria
Party Girl

All those songs performed on Vertigo...

They could be saving it for a '25 year anniversairy' sort of thing..or maybe 30 years knowing them

There's plenty of footage of Boy Tour :drool: so they could easily release a DVD FROM the Boy Tour, not Boy songs performed latter on War Tour ;)

The Belfast 1981 performance is just AWESOME :shocked: :rockon:

theu2fly said:

I Will Follow
Out Of Control
The Electric Co.
The Ocean

Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day
Gloria
Party Girl

What's exactly your point? They HAVE released DVD's with those songs on it. The only exceptions would be The Ocean, Gloria and Party Girl.

If U2 was releasing a ZOO TV dvd, after playing Achtung Baby material on this tour... why not release a BOY DVD if Boy was the theme of this tour?

theu2fly said:
If U2 was releasing a ZOO TV dvd, after playing Achtung Baby material on this tour... why not release a BOY DVD if Boy was the theme of this tour?

Playing AB material had nothing to do with releasing ZOO TV.:huh:

We all knew they were going to sooner or later.

theu2fly said:

I Will Follow
Out Of Control
The Electric Co.
The Ocean

:huh:

The three DVDs from Elevation and Vertigo have all of those except The Ocean. You know this! So I don't get what on earth you're going on about when you ask why they haven't released a DVD with those songs when they have!

Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day
Gloria
Party Girl

And SBS is on every DVD release already (though won't be on ZooTV) and NYD has been on a couple (three when ZooTV comes out). So that's not exactly significant.

If you wanted to find a Vertigo/Red Rocks connection, you could've at least brought up 40.

theu2fly said:

If The Rolling Stones are realasing a dvd why arent u2 releasing a DVD with Rolling Stones songs on it?

bono_man2002 said:

If The Rolling Stones are realasing a dvd why arent u2 releasing a DVD with Rolling Stones songs on it?

Winner! :lmao:

My guess is that they're saving this kind of material for the future, when U2 stops touring and recording new albums... I don't think a Boy DVD would sell much right now...

...of course, not considering the 2-3 copies each one of us would buy :lol:

Come on friends. How come you say it's the same thing watching a wrinkled and deteriorated band playing those songs than watching an extremely exciting and burning young band before they became bussinessmen?

Now it's clear no one of you have seen early years footage ;)

nathan1977 said:
What would the quality of a Boy DVD be?

Pretty weak, I'd be guessing...

Little do we know, a Very Young Hamish Hamilton some shows back in the Boy Era tour...see the great director who likes to change camrea angles from every u2 show ever filmed. every 0.1 seconds before he was famous!

The one official DVD I'm actually hanging out for (with little hope :( ) is an October Tour concert.

If they ever did do an October DVD, you may get tracks like Rejoice, I Fall Down, Fire, I Threw a Brick, With a Shout and A Celebration plus some Boy tracks (perhaps even 11 O'Clock & Boy-Girl) and maybe a few rarities like Tomorrow, Scarlet and Southern Man.

They could probably throw 2 European festival gigs for '82 on one DVD :drool:

chocky said:
The one official DVD I'm actually hanging out for (with little hope :( ) is an October Tour concert.

If they ever did do an October DVD, you may get tracks like Rejoice, I Fall Down, Fire, I Threw a Brick, With a Shout and A Celebration plus some Boy tracks (perhaps even 11 O'Clock & Boy-Girl) and maybe a few rarities like Tomorrow, Scarlet and Southern Man.

They could probably throw 2 European festival gigs for '82 on one DVD :drool:

There's a very good quality video bootleg of 1981-11-04, Berlin going around with an amazing performance of 11 O'clock Tick Tock - three solos! They should release that show, if any.

You won't find Scarlet - that was only played live once, at a radio session. And Tomorrow's highly unlikely, especially as its only October appearances were at three shows I believe were not filmed. Boy/Girl didn't really appear on October either - just at Scarlet's radio session and a couple of dates from before the October album's release.

The only filmed With A Shout I know of is from the Something Else TV show, so they could use that. It wasn't played all that much on October, only for the first couple of legs.

I Fall Down, Boy-Girl and 11 'O Clock Tick Tock are on an excellent bootleg DVD called "Looking For The Light In San Fransisco" (spelling error is part of the title). Although it's very dark at some points (the cameras back then weren't good at filming in the dark), it is pro-shot, multicam, and in colour. It might lessen your thirst for an October DVD for a while.

bono_man2002 said:

Little do we know, a Very Young Hamish Hamilton some shows back in the Boy Era tour...see the great director who likes to change camrea angles from every u2 show ever filmed. every 0.1 seconds before he was famous!

I think I got whiplash from my last Hamish show.

Back
Top Bottom