I'd like to hear a "Fix You" snippet attached to "Sometimes..."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Like maybe at the ending of the song, instead of singing "No Regrets", Bono could sing "Lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones and I will try... to fix you"

Just an idea.

Why would you want one of the world's worst songs snippeted in a U2 song?

Some of you lot here have really daft ideas sometimes.

Axver said:
Why would you want one of the world's worst songs snippeted in a U2 song?

Some of you lot here have really daft ideas sometimes.

I don't understand what makes Fix You a bad song in any way, shape, or form....

I'm going to go ahead and make my obligatory Coldplay thread appearance. I'm also going to give the idea the ole :up:

coldplay suck, they seem intent on copying everything U2 related - its good to be original sometimes boys

i don't wanna hear a snippet of a crap song at the end of an average song. that would be real pain for my sensitive ears :sexywink:

Y2K said:

I don't understand what makes Fix You a bad song in any way, shape, or form....

Difference between Bono and Chris Martin: Bono don't dehumanise people into a toy that needs to be "fixed".

Difference between Edge and I've Just Forgotten Coldplay's Guitarist's Name: Edge makes two notes sound interesting.

Axver said:

Difference between Edge and I've Just Forgotten Coldplay's Guitarist's Name: Edge makes two notes sound interesting.

spot on axver.

the major difference between the 2 bands. one is interesting, the other is not

Axver said:

Difference between Bono and Chris Martin: Bono don't dehumanise people into a toy that needs to be "fixed".

Ax, how much is Edge´s sound resemblant to Dave Gilmour´s sound?

:wink:

examples? If you're just talking about stuff like 'Run Like Hell' and the few other ones that us the 'choppy' delay sound, then that's quite different to Jonny Buckland more or less taking an entire guitar sound [The Edge] and recycling it for three whole albums...

gareth brown said:
examples? If you're just talking about stuff like 'Run Like Hell' and the few other ones that us the 'choppy' delay sound, then that's quite different to Jonny Buckland more or less taking an entire guitar sound [The Edge] and recycling it for three whole albums...

Yes, I was in fact kidding about. In that moment a friend of mine was near to me at the computer and he was assuming that if Buckland resembles Edge it´s also true that Edge resembles Gilmour........................
I just wanted Axver´s response to bash my friend, that´s why i put the wink down at the end!

Edge is unique!!!

But Edge and Dave own Johnny so much.

But fair play to Johnny at least he can influence the Coldplay fans who want to play guitar, therefore helping to minimise the amount of needless fret wankers in the next generation of musicians.:wink:

Last edited:
ZeroDude said:
But Edge and Dave own Johnny so much.

But fair play to Johnny at least he can influence the Coldplay fans who want to play guitar, therefore helping to minimise the amount of needless fret wankers in the next generation of musicians.:wink:

Sometimes he seems even he wants to move like Edge, but then...........:wink:
I like him because he´s a U2 fan.................

Coldplay are good, but not the next U2, there will never be another U2, never another band who can stick together for 25 + Years, change there music styles multiple times and still be writing some of the best songs they have ever produced after 25 years.

But i wouldnt mind a snippet...prehaps in RTSS, which no longer in the setlist now anyway.

bono_man2002 said:
never another band who can stick together for 25 + Years, change there music styles multiple times and still be writing some of the best songs they have ever produced after 25 years.

It sounds unfortunately like a bitter truth, probably U2 will be the last band in their cathegory that will play for more than 25 years....................but, will U2 last like the Rolling Stones?
You see there´d be another target for U2.............................

They won't last as long as the stones, and i don't think that the four of them will let that happen. As soon as they become their own tribute act... i think that (Larry esp) will strongly suggest they call it a day and retire.

Blasphemy.

To hell with Coldplay. Also, Fix You has nothing to do with the themes of Sometimes.

While I like Coldplay (although I think the new album is average) the song ‘Fix You’ sounds like an anthem to 13 year old girls who stay in the bedroom crying cos Jared Leto got married and broke their hearts…or something like that

jacobus said:
i don't wanna hear a snippet of a crap song at the end of an average song. that would be real pain for my sensitive ears :sexywink:
Or, in my case, I don't want to hear a snippet of an average song at the end of a not so good song.

Last edited:
How about Don't Panic during Beautiful Day?

one of the few really good Coldplay songs

Back
Top Bottom