I'd like to hear a "Fix You" snippet attached to "Sometimes..."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is a beautiful sig gabrielvox :drool:

Back on topic: I do really, really like 'Fix You' (I know, I know I should be ashamed...). Aw, screw it, I LOVE 'Fix You'. But could it work at the end of 'Sometimes'? :hmm: I dunno. It would either sound absolutely amazing or brutally crap.

You couldn't possibly take a song as personal and emotional as Sometimes and tack on something as emotionless and empty as Fix You. It wouldn't work on all sorts of levels.

TheQuiet1 said:

Back on topic: I do really, really like 'Fix You' (I know, I know I should be ashamed...). Aw, screw it, I LOVE 'Fix You'. But could it work at the end of 'Sometimes'? :hmm: I dunno. It would either sound absolutely amazing or brutally crap.

The latter.

ps - YOU KNOW IT'S CHICO TIME!:dance: :dance: :dance:

:sick:

U2Man said:
^ I guess I agree to some extent, but I think this has more to do with musical expression than "song writing skills" or whatever it's called. U2 clearly wants the vast majority of their songs the way you describe it, but their weakness on the other hand, is, IMO, that they often don't seem to be capable of doing it very different from that. Sometimes when you hear a U2 song, you almost think: Oh, and now the climax, of course, as usual. I don't think it's necessarily a weakness that your music isn't built up like this.

No, not a weakness, youre right. There's plenty of music I love that would seem to have no climax....The Cure, The Smiths, just right off the top of my head...

just a taste thing I guess :shrug:

then again, The Cure and The Smiths never tried/were compared to U2...

TheQuiet1 said:

Why thank you! :)

Actually, I think Fix You is one of their better songs, I like the video how it transitions into the live thing.

But dont go messin with my Sometimes - thats sacrilege

:wink:

Parachutes --> Rush of Blood sound progressive, whereas X&Y is a sidestep in the wrong direction

I mean, they blatantly ripoff the Clocks piano intro in Speed of Sound, it's insane :mad:

I would like to see some 2000-2002 Coldplay, Franz, Strokes, Radiohead, Seal, or Death Cab snippetry :drool:

but under no condition, NO KILLERS :madspit: :madspit: :madspit:

Seal's Crazy + Bullet = :drool:
Strokes's Last Nite + Electric Co = :drool:
and
This Fire + Vertigo = :drool::drool::drool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom