I'd Forgotten how good...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking exactly the same thing just yesterday - i'd completely overlooked the brilliance of that album.

Good taste you've got there :wink: :up:

I've been listening to Zooropa a lot lately. :drool: I love this album to pieces. Zooropa the song is 6:31 of sheer musical genius. Lemon is one of the most amazing songs ever. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car is over-the-top brilliance. Stay is a masterpiece.

And oh yeah, the rest of the songs are really good too. :D

Achtung Joshua! said:
The first half of this record is good but the second half get's boring for me. And all of the songs on this record don't work live except for Stay which is brilliant.

I agree with you. I listen upto Stay or Daddy's Gonna Pay and then either turn it off or skip to First Time. Some Days is not very good at all. Stay, on the other hand is probably my second favorite U2 song of all time after One. I think the images of Berlin in the video help... I'm such a euro nut! :lol:

unnamed_streets said:

I agree with you. I listen upto Stay or Daddy's Gonna Pay and then either turn it off or skip to First Time. Some Days is not very good at all. Stay, on the other hand is probably my second favorite U2 song of all time after One. I think the images of Berlin in the video help... I'm such a euro nut! :lol:
Agree:yes:some days is the only song i really dislike on the album.

Zooropa was the second U2 album i got ( Achtung was the first ). I loved it and still do. And i think the wanderer is one cool track

Achtung Joshua! said:
And all of the songs on this record don't work live except for Stay which is brilliant.

don't you like dirty day live? it's brilliant for me.

i love zooropa. while i agree that some days is a weak track (i also think that first time don't belong to this album), the rest of it is just great. I love Numb, Lemon and Crashed Car for the schock that they were at the time and i think that they are still outstanding songs. A best of the 90's without any of these isn't really a best of.
And of course, stay is beautiful.

wonderful album...... Zooropa, Lemon, Stay, DGPFYCC and The First Time are all brilliant....... and the other 5 are very good...

one of those records you can listen to all the way through..... richly deserved best Alternative Album grammy.....

actually i have to say this..its one of my fave u2 albums, dirty day is one of my alltime fave song..and y didnt it do well again?!

Amazing album...totally under rated by the world at large. I used to be all "huh?" at "The Wanderer," now i think it's one of the best on there.

But they really needed to get rid of "Some Days"...boring song...except Edge should've taken the amazing guitar solo (guitar synth?) from it and transpose it into "Daddy's."

Dirty Day (live) rocks so hard. I remember hearing and seeing this song for the first time when I watched the Sydney show and thought how great this song is. I wish U2 would bring back Dirty Day to the setlist.

Love Zooropa, Babyface, Lemon, Stay, and Dirty Day. Some of my all time favorties.

"Stay" is one of my favorites. :love:

I was listening to Zooropa when I smucked my dad's car up. :mad: Yes, coincidentally...track 6. How do ya like that?

great album. Have you ever just opened the Zooropa artwork and read the lyrics to songs like "The Wanderer?" Amazing...."Stay" is one of their greatest moments.

I like this album, it has a very nice flow to it.

Although I don't understand the weird sound that starts about 30 secs after The Wanderer finishes.

Great album. Zooropa and Lemon are in my all-time top 10. I have no idea how Zooropa is not considered a classic track. It paints a landscape that is still futuristic 12 years later. Some Days is wacky-good, it has some great lines. I can't find a whole lot to complain about on this CD.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom